October Bingo Calls Page #3

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Bristol's Ribbon Candy in the picture!! We are coming from page #2 here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/778357/

Here are our prizes...just to keep everyone jazzed as they play!!!

1st place is a $20.00 gift certificate donated by Starfly
2nd place is a $20.00 gift certificate donated by an anonymous DGer
3rd place is a $20.00 gift certificate donated by Susan51
4th place is a $15.00 gift certificate donated by JanetS
5th place is a $15.00 gift certificate donated by an anonymous DGer

and for the one with the most calls left on her card at the end there will be a "Biggest Loser" prize of a variety of little baby streps!

I will post each call with the link to it's picture down below in the middle of any running commentary each day.. but then I'll also keep a list with the date called up here for those that need to check in quickly.

Oct 6th...
#31 AV Can Can Trail
#16 Columnea hirta Light Prince

Oct 7th
#32 AV Candy Fountain
#29 Gloxinia erinoides Polo Polo

Oct 8th
#20 Stretocarpus Jaco's Gem
#2 AV Shirl's Hawaiian Lei

Oct 9th
#1 AV Shiawasee Trail
#27 Sinningia defoliata

Oct 10th
#12 Petrocosmea rosettifolia
#21 Sinningia Apricot Bouquet

Oct 11th
#17 Sinningia Leucotricha
#30 AV Blustery Trail

Oct 12th
#13 Falling Stars
#23 Sinningia Rio da Perdras

No Calls on Oct 13th or 14th

Oct 15th
#22 Columnea Early Bird
#26 Chirita linearifolia variegated

Oct 16th
#11 Chirita Little Dragon
#28 Codonanthe elegans

This message was edited Oct 15, 2007 7:56 AM

This message was edited Oct 16, 2007 1:35 PM

Thumbnail by bmedel
Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Now for todays calls.....

#17 Sinningia Leucortricha
http://www.gesneriadsociety.org/conv2006/plants/bigpics/2006Class38C.htm

#30 AV Blustery Trail
http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/BlusteryTrailLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/BlusteryTrailLrg.jpg#

Fuzziness and Bell shaped blooms, ahhh!

~Brenda

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Hey Gail we're missing you!! Hope your off having a great time with your kids and grandkids!!

~Brenda

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Big Time Gail!
Sent you a D-Mail and THEN remembered your trip *lol*
I tell you, my memory is going.
Miss you muchly :)

(Zone 1)

Woo Hoo ... I have both of today's calls!

....... AND, because of Miss Brenda and her Generosity I got a HUGE Suprise in the mail a few minutes ago! She sent me a little Sinningia Leucotricha!!!

Brenda: THANK YOU SO MUCH! That was such a nice thing for you to do. I LOVE it. I had this one on my wish list since seeing Keyring post a photo a few months ago! I sure hope I can do right by it and keep it alive and surviving! I'm gonna do my best!

Thanks again Brenda ... now I'm gonna D-Mail you!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We just got back from the NC beach... wonderful trip, beautiful weather! My laptop died, so I wasn't online much the last couple of weeks. Now I'm trying to catch up!

:-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I loved seeing some of Kim's Kreations on the previous thread... had to go hunting for instructions on making those cool light balls... found this site, http://www.sparkleball.com/intro.htm I liked the idea of tacking the cups together with spot welds from a soldering iron rather than with hot glue. :-)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Why thank you SO MUCH Jill. That really means alot to me.
I actually staple my light balls. I might try one though by melting the cups instead. That's a pretty neat idea :)
Welcome back from your trip, hope you had a great time!

Kim

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Staples also sound better than hot glue to me... I love my glue gun, but the thought of trying to glue clear cups together without making a big old mess... LOL!

It never occurred to me to use the melting trick to hold cups together on purpose. I use little plastic cups as pots when I'm propagating, and I use a hot skewer to poke holes in a whole stack at once... and then I have to quickly separate them before the melted plastic hardens with two or more cups stuck together!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I wanted to share with you guys and gals...

Hubby and I just finished watching the movie "Evan Almighty"... that came out on DVD this week.
Excellent, excellent movie... if you have not seen it yet, please do!!!
You will thoroughly enjoy it. A powerful message for us all in this day and age of development and loss of our natural resources. Much of the movie was filmed right here in Virginia.

Highly recommended!

Karen

(Zone 1)

I have heard of the movie but have not seen it. Thank you for the recommendation! I will make note of that one!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Watched it last night Karen..and thought about it all through today!! Marvelous Movie...We totally loved it too and agree it is a must see!

Well it seems I am still stuck on 3.uh oh..Lin is even with me now..I just knew she would blow our doors off soon..LOL

(Zone 1)

LOL Cedar ..... I might not get any the next few days! I'm gonna send those vibes to Brenda though! I really should not look at the pictures of these plants - I have a wish list two miles long already! These are some real Beauties that she decided for the call list!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I agree Lin,My stands are all full... yet my list of new wants keeps growing with every call....so many pretties..so little room....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've had one call on my card each day so far... strange, but kinda cool!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Do any of you grow Sinningia?
Are they hard to grow?
Look like a cute plant with that fat caudex and fuzzy leafs.
Must be grown alot like adenium?
I LOVE Zora (my largest adenium) and was very happy with the show she put on this summer :) It was the first time she bloomed for me so she took center stage with my camera *lol*

Then show us a photo please!!!!

(Good morning!)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good morning! Ooh, I want to see a photo of that Adenium too... I've got a few that I grew from seed last spring, and I've got a couple that came from the tropicals co-op, but I don't think any of them are near blooming yet.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

good morning everyone............just catching up on some threads.............got the 'crud' from my sister in law on the trip and now I am in bed...............saw something about adeniums.......and wanted to show you one of the little ones I ordered from Buried Treasure...............they are slow growers but tis fine with me.........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Pretty plant Gail

(Zone 1)

Welcome Back Gail! We missed you! Oooh, so sorry you aren't feeling too good! Take good care and get to feeling better soon!

I woke up this morning feeling a bit "groggy" ... not real bad but just a bit off kilter. Went to our first Basketball game last night and the gym was sooo cold! I always have a sweater in my car and even with that I was freezing! A little scratchy throat this morning but both hubby and I took that airborne stuff .... he swears by it and I've tried it a couple of times when I feel like I'm trying to come down with a cold ... seems to work! And, I like easy ... just drop a tablet into O.J., water or juice and let it fizz. I have a very hard time swallowing pills of most sizes (small esophagus) so this I like!

That Adenium is such a gorgeous plant! I can't have any more of those. If you remember, you sent me one early this year and it died quickly ... went away for 3 days and it was out in the rain, and a soggy mess in no time! That's the second one of these I've managed to kill. They really are gorgeous when in full bloom!

I'll check back in later, Hope everyone has a great day!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, pretty! Which one is that? I must not be treating mine right, LOL... yours looks much better! My "houseplants" all tend to get a little neglected over summer. I'll try to make it up to them soon!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have never seen so many down with a cold. Almost all of my family has been sick for a couple of weeks.

Hope you feel better Gail and you also Lin.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am such a big "titty baby" when it comes to being sick..............that is because all i can think of is needing to separate so many av leaves today!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly have over 200 that need separating right now................

In reality i am not even going to unpack my clothes from the trip...................just going to be lazy

Lin................bet you aren't as big of a baby as I am when i don't feel good.................

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

How many are playing this game? It sure doesn't look like many. How many lurkers are there?

Brenda are sure I read the right list to pick from?
Get that darn collander off of your head.

I am trying to clean my dinning room (well more like the plant, storage and bird room) today and it is making me very tired.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

As promised, here is a picture of Ms. Zora (my adenium) this summer.
Gail, your adenium is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the blooms on it1

Thumbnail by kimskreations
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I haven't had any on my list for two days now.

(Zone 1)

Did I miss today's calls? Must scroll back to the top and look.

Oh, I guess Brenda hasn't made a call yet today. I've been feeling kinda puny all day so haven't been doing much of anything.

Gail, are you feeling better? I took some Zycam something or other and the Airborne stuff, so I'm hoping it prevents me from coming down with a full blown cold. Hubby has had the sniffles the past couple of days too. He went and got us dinner from a little Italian Restaurant about a mile away.

Well, I'm going to lurk some more on a couple other forums .... hope everyone has a great night and weekend! Our weather is supposed to be really nice the next few days with temp's in the low 80's and very low humidity! Yay! I hate the high humidity. By mid week next week it's supposed to be 90 again!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

There are advantages and disadvantages to having a physician for a child. She NEVER gives medicine to her own family..........makes us mad sometimes.............but when she heard my voice today and asked me what hurt and I told her only when I would breathe did my chest hurt, she jumped on the phone and called in a Z pack. This is the first time in years I have needed an antibiotic.

Hope you and your hubby don't end up with whatever I have.................
I sleep an hour and sit in a chair for two hours (LOL)..........then go back to bed again.

It is cool today I went outside to water a few minutes ago........and took a couple of pics........

I love your adenium.............

changing the subject...........but feel that I need to ask if anyone knows anything about this. I got a dmail from a very upset Starfly who said she had gotten an email accusing her that she was lying about her brother, her tooth, etc.............so she wasn't posting on the Av forum anymore and would I please tell people how much she appreciated everyones' concern and plants. I have dmailed her several times begging her not to let one person drive her away???????????????????

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

don't you just love the red mandevillias (you can see that I don't know how to spell it correctly)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Oh My Goodness .. Who would do such a thing? It is amazing to me how cruel some people can be.

Eunice: If you are out there, PLEASE know that you have true friends here and don't let whoever sent you that awful email keep you away!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

AWWW I don't know Starfly but am so sorry she's feeling this way and that this has happened to her. Some people just are mean and there is no changing that but she needs to focus her attention to the MANY people who are nice and truly care about her :)

Sorry Starfly........come back and play with us :)

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I just sent her a D-mail. I don't know why someone would be so mean.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

good.................Bydenweedbeth................everyone ought to dmail her and tell her we miss her(LOL)...........her dmail box will be full...........

I just got home from running errands all day...
THAT IS TERRIBLE ABOUT EUNICE!!!!!
Who would do such a thing, and why?????

What is wrong with poeple today.....

Eunice... you and your family continue to be in our thought s and prayers, and we care for you here and hope you will return. Don't let one bad apple spoil your fun, and friendships here.
Bless you dear....

Karen

(Zone 1)

I just sent her a DMail too. Hopefully she will come back and join those of us who are not trouble makers and who really do enjoy her company on the AV Forum!

Whoever it was who sent her the email, shame on them. I don't understand why people can't live and let live. This "Garden" is not supposed to be a place of accusations and judgements, especially when we personally don't know the individual. It's supposed to be a Garden of Friendship & Sharing.

(Zone 1)

We don't have to let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch! And, we won't!

So, Starfly ... you fly right back here to us!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Yeah Eunice, I saw on there that you were new to streps and just putting down leaves. Well guess what? ME TO! I need an update how they are doing and what your experience has been thus far :) I was keeping an eye on you and wanted to share our experiences together since we're both "newbies" to these beautiful plants :) Come Back :)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh that is really a terrible Gail.Who in the world would do such a thing to starfly?She is such a sweetheart.I don't know how anyone could be so cruel.Please come back with us Eunice.WE miss you!!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I know.............it makes me sad.............no one cannot not love Eunice!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.