Updated First Aid kit just in case... Help me out please!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

So... for Healthy Living, I have always been one to anticipate the worst and attempt to prepare. What has been on my mind lately is assembling an updated First Aid kit.

I have some thoughts on what to include but am open to suggestions please.
The obvious needs might be for cuts, burns and stings. I keep bandage material and a 100% aloe as well as an aloe plant. For serious compress use, I keep some sanitary napkins ~ just cheap and unscented.

Living in the woods, there is the potential for exposure to poison ivy or oak and I have had success with Caladryl ~ a calamine, benadryl solution. I also keep a benadryl tablet.

Living with pets and/or in a humid climate, there is a possibilty of ringworm or fungus ~ so I need an antifungal preparation.

I like iodine and have betadine for antiseptics. For slivers, I keep a drawing salve ~ old time and nasty smelling black but it works. Obviously a quality tweezers here too.

What do you have in yours or what potential needs would you forsee?

This thread has 29 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!