The plant I brought to the RU

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Just to fill in for those who took the plant, but didn't know what it was:

It's Monarda 'Raspberry Wine'. It's in my journal here: http://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewentry.php?rid=134021

and, there's a link on that journal page to the PlantFiles entry on it, too.

Harper

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice clump Harper! How long did it bloom?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I've never measured ours, and it came from HD, but it looks just like that.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

It looked great for three weeks, after that it continued blooming, but started getting scraggly looking.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Harper, how DID you get your journal so organized? Is there a page somewhere on here that tells how to do it? xx, Carrie

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah, they have stickies somewhere loaded with pointers on how to make your journal. I just kinda figured mine out after I realized how it was organized.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Harper - I got four of them! :-)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Wow, four! That'll make a nice clump or two, or three, or four... Do you remember who else grabbed some?

Harper

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Nope! I do remember that I had wanted some sweet potatoe vine - and then forgot to get some - can't remember who was offering them . . .

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thom was offering them. I got some (phew!), but lost half of them somewhere. Maybe Yankee Cat took them home.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Rats! I knew I was too rushed - but we were late leaving for Logees rats!!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

If you ever make it over, I can give you some... I overwintered some last year - I call it "the plant who lived"... No rooted cuttings but that's OK, I have complete faith in your ability to do ANYTHING!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow! I am so flattered (who told you I can fly?????)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(It was apparent from across the table.)

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Harper - I just read this - I got sweet potatoes from Thom, too. I have just one bag - but I will split them with you. (I don't have your address.)

This message was edited Oct 12, 2007 5:00 PM

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Don't Yankee! I got a bunch of the sweet potatoes and then later, after everyone was done grabbing everything, I went back and got more. Those are yours now. I have some. Lots! Thanks though.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

So far, everything I got at the RU is doing so well that I could just cry for joy. I've never been very good with plants. Somehow though, since joining DG and listening to all of you, the 'babies' that I plant are thriving.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My RU coleus are making seeds like it's going out of style. Will they make baby coleus? I know better than to ask if they'll come true - but will they make a "mix" or mostly like Mom? (Who knows who Dad was!)

xx, Carrie

I got some sedum-portulaca type thing, at Kassia's earlier RU, which is blooming its head off with yellow flowers, in a pot with Luke Skywalker! Any clues? Should I plant it in the ground or bring it inside or what?

xx, Carrie

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I planted my baby RU coleus along with some baby white wax begonias and some creeping jenny and made some very lovely houseplant arrangements :-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Do show!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Currently! DH is in MAJOR angst over mid-terms this week - he is a student taking TWO courses and you would think he was taking 7 courses concurrently.

When I was an undergrad, I was Pres of the Student Society, sat on ELEVEN college committees, took FIVE courses, and still managed the household, playing taxi for the kids, etc

Anyway, until his stress level drops, there will be no pictures 'cause the camera is his, and god knows where the camera is, and I am certainly not going to interrupt his studying to ask him. :-)

Ask me again in a week.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My DH is taking 18 credits (a big full time load, I think), and MUST maintain his 4.000000 average. He got a midterm back today, and got an A, but not the highest A in the class. Oh my Gosh!!! How to console him? He is heart-broken.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

EXACTLY! DH is on the President's List - god forbid, he should be dropped! Meanwhile, DD totally annoys her father 'cause she won't listen to his well intended advice, puts in about 1/20th of the time he does in his studies, and gets "B" !

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sounds like me in high school. But you teach, he goes and she goes all to the same school, am I right?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yeah! I'm the prof, DH is a senior and DD is a junior. Neither are allowed to take classes with me - I absolutely refuse to teach them!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Candyce -
My portulaca are making seeds like crazy right now, so i'd guess the one i gave you probably is too. I just found them. They kinda take a long time to develop, but after you can pull the petals off - or not - there's like this little colored bead. Wait. And wait. And wait. And it will turn brown and be full of SO many tinytinytiny blackish/metallic looking seeds.
(if you knew this, forgive me, i just figured iit out yesterday!)

amy

Amy:

Actually, when you gave it to us it had something on it that Anna couldn't recognize. So she pulled it off. Lo and behold!! Just like you said. Hundreds of tiny seeds!!! And the plant looks like it will be giving up a few hundred more in a couple of days.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

yes - i was surprised too! there may be a portulaca field in my garden next yead 'cause i dropped so many!

No, THAT would be worth looking at!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I was going to say, a field of portulaca doesn't sound that bad.....

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Guess you didn't have anything nice to say, Amy!?

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

wow - how weird is that? i wrote a reply.
was i censored? i don't remember using inappropriate language...

Whoa - I thought you just hit send by mistake without posting. I've done that once or twice by forgetting a photo.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, here are some plants I got at either this RU or Kassia's earlier. My question is - what are they? Are they perennial? Will they last in the container or do I need to plant them out?

xx, Carrie

Thumbnail by carrielamont

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.