WOW Iris's are Blooming today :))

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is Lady essex oh so pretty & standing so tall just can't beleive irises Blooming in october :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is blueberry tart

Thumbnail by deejay9
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

deejay I hope mine do better next year they were buds at ground leveal that never opened so disapointed
Gloria

many of mine did not bloom this pass spring but we are having some really warm weather this fall & I think they think it is spring :)))
this is really my 1st year in irises & I just love the dwarf' irises :)) .
gloria I see you are from stanford :)) been through there many times & i have a niece up there in colman :) Just saw her yesterday in fact :)

well i hope to meet other mich gardeners :)
susie

Corning, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Susie,
So very glad to see you took the plunge & became a full fledged Dave's addict. Love your Iris. Hope you are feeling better. I think you may have passed it on to me, I have been bed bound for several days, YUCK, I hate getting sick. :)Anita

Oh anita I'm so sorry & it is NO Fun to be sick I know Just Don't forget to take the remedy I Told you about :) its good for ale's you
No Not A MISprint Ale is good for you taken as directed :) .

I took a walk out to see the irises this morning & now here is what I found . I had cut the leaves all back after they had bloomed earlier.
Here is one of my iris beds .

Thumbnail by deejay9

other half of this one

Thumbnail by deejay9
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

deejay ~ So exciting to have blooms this time of year!! Especially like your Lady Essex. Going to have to add that to my "wants" list! Our weather has been similar to yours - late spring freeze and, until yesterday, summery temps. Guess the irises are making up for the absence of spring blooms!

Judy

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

susie the next time you are in colman give me a call its not very far would love to meet an other DGer
Gloria

I sure will do that :)) gloria & if you ever get down this way I hope you will get in touch.
susie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

you bet I will thanks
Gloria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.