Happy Birthday Debilu!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hope you have a great day - enjoy every minute of it!

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Happy Birthday Debilu.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Sorry I missed it!
Happy day, Debilu.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Debilu - happy birthday to you. Hope you're still celebrating cause I'm late with my wish for you!! Here is a rose bud just for you!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Debi.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

hope you had a very happy birthday!

edit: Hope you're having a very happy Birthday!!

This message was edited Oct 7, 2007 2:12 PM

Thumbnail by venu209
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Victor was early in his post for Debilu's birthday, which is today, October 7th, so we both ended up creating birthday threads!

Happy birthday, again, Debilu!

Thumbnail by pirl

Figured 11:30 was close enough!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Happy belated birthday debi!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Lately we're not getting responses from the birthday people (Maria, now Deb). Are we doing something wrong??

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Could be they need a d-mail as they haven't looked for new threads. Thats one of my problems.....I always forget!

I did D-mail Maria to check on her. No response yet.

Maybe they celebrate a lot more than we ever do.

Of course I just heard from Maria a minute after posting this!! She is fine and has company. She appreciates the wishes.

Great!

Whew! I was ready to send out a search party. Any word from Debilu yet?

Maybe she's with Maria.

Or Brooks & Dunn

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you all so much for my birthday wishes! I haven't gotten flowers for my birthday in a long time - not since I started gardening.
Sorry for my tardy response - I just got back from my annual New England birthday moose trip, and what a glorious birthday it was!
From sunrise....

Thumbnail by debi_k

to bright fall colors

Thumbnail by debi_k

time for reflection

Thumbnail by debi_k

Wonderful photos, Debilu! Hope you birthday was as lovely as your photos.

Baxter State Park

Thumbnail by debi_k
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Birthday Moose! Sounds better than a Christmas Goose.

nice pix.

Just so you know, there's another birthday thread for you.

And I got to see my birthday moose!
thanks pirl, it was very lovely

Thumbnail by debi_k
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Baxter is a beautiful spot and perfect time for the fall foliage. Great pictures, I will be going up there this coming Wed. so i'll have to bring my camera. Thanks for sharing those and it looks like it was a great Birthday!

I checked the map for S China while I was there, so I was thinking about you!

I'm already planning when I can go back - the mistake we made was to take our new convertible up - it was a great drive overall, but the dirt road in the park was a little rough!
Definitely worth it though! We're thinking of renting a car/SUV and camping near Sandy Stream Pond next time.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I can see where it might be a bit dusty w/a convertible. Did you have a chalky taste in your mouth after? LOL It bothers my eyes when it's dry and dusty....can't imagine in a convertable!!

we did keep the top up in the park - had to, but my DH babies his cars, so we drove very slow, and washed it as soon as we were out!

Great photos Deb. Do you win a prize for spotting a moose?

Only the prize of seeing one - I fell in love with them the first time I went to Vermont in 96, just seeing a moose crossing sign, and it took about 6 years before I actually saw one.
Saw two on my bd last year, and one on my bd this year. We go up every year for my bd - it's great - fall colors, moose, beautiful scenery.

Al, I missed your post earlier - yes I think moose are magnificent creatures! Not on the table though.

They are weird looking but cool animals. I like them. I saw quite a few in NH and many in Yellowstone.

I didn't see any in Yellowstone last summer, but did see one in Colorado. I've only seen 1 bull, with the exception of the Calgary Zoo!

Welcome back. Happy you had a great time! Those photos are just lovely.

My daughter and her husband got married on top of Angel's Landing in Zion N.P. and honeymooned at the NP's out west. One morning they opened the drapes to find a moose staring at them!

Love your photos, Debilu.

what a surprise!!
We did a western loop of the NP's last summer, and it was one of my favorite trips. I just love all the beautiful scenery - it's so relaxing.
It was funny though, because we were gone about 2 weeks, and I missed some of my flowers, so was disappointed by that!

That's exactly how I felt when we went off on an Alaskan cruise with extra time spent in Seattle and then on the tail end, Vancouver. The garden felt like a fairyland when we finally got home.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.