ID please

Milton, NH(Zone 5a)

I've seen this grass along roadsides from MA to ME. Is this Little Bluestem?

Thumbnail by sarahn
Milton, NH(Zone 5a)

Here are two single plants. One is upside down to show the roots. Currently the grass is less red and the seed heads a bigger and fluffier.

Thumbnail by sarahn
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I wish I knew, sarah. It looks pretty along the roadside, but not so wonderful in my garden. I hope someone can help you with the ID.

(Zone 4a)

Hmmm sorry but it looks pitiful to me!!! I am no good with grasses! Unless it is weed - just kidding!!

Milton, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks for trying Candyce and DawnLL. I did get it ID'd over on the Plant Identification forum and its the grass I want for my roadside native meadow. It's common name is Little Bluestem.

Good, Sarah. I'm glad. I hate it when someone needs helps and I can't offer it!!!

Milton, NH(Zone 5a)

Can you recommend any good nurseries, garden centers in southern NH

Sarah ~

I'm not sure where Milton is, so which side of New Hampshire were you looking to visit? I am on the western side, closer to Vermont.

We have an Agway, and a Home Depot in the area and that's pretty much it. But there are a few nurseries down near Swanzey.

Milton, NH(Zone 5a)

Milton is in the southeast corner. We've got a few more than you, I guess. I'm trying to find those that carry a variety of natives. But this is a topic for another thread! : - )

LOL, Sarah ....
We rarely stay on topic around here!! That's the joy of this forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.