Greenhouse has finally arrived :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well my gh is finally here and dh has jumped in and started putting it together.
Has he goes along I'll take more shots, will post more later.

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

2nd pic

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is some pics of the foundation preperation :o)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

looks good!!! nice job ken!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

2nd pic of the work crew

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

and the final phase of the foundation

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dori, Ken is out side hammering away :o) He won't be able to work on it again until Monday, as long as it don't rain. I can hardly wait for it to be done lol. Once he gets it together, I will be able to put the clear stain on it. Then start putting all my things in it :o)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

WOOO HOOO! Glad you are finally getting your GH!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

what size did you get, i forgot?
it looks great and look at all your HELP!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Chele,

Dori its a 10x12 and the help was only for the foundation :o) which was alot of work in its self and very appreciated. lol I helped spread the gravel and I am helping Ken when he needs it. But now that the base is up, he is pretty much doing it all by his self now... His brother just stopped by to drop off a gift for Keirstens (my dgd) baby shower tomorrow and was surprised to see how much of it was done already.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Lucky you to be getting such a wonderful greenhouse!! Looks fantastic!!

Brenda

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Heres some progress pics :o) sorry some are a little blurry :(

Connie

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

last one for today (frame completed),
DH is putting the door and back window together today. Will try and get some pics of that. Won't post anymore pics till they are in :o)

Connie

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW...looken good!!!I take it he reads the instructions....I never do when I put something together I say WHATS all these extra screws for!!!;o)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Connie you Lucky Lucky Girl!!! Looks WONDERFUL! SOOOO jealous *lol* That's BEAUTIFUL!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That looks too nice to get it dirty and put plants in it. Maybe you could put a hot tub in there with some nice lighting and tropicals instead. :)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

ROFL @ Dem & Badseed, even tho I would love to have a hot tub ;-)

Dem, when he read the instructions, he said what does all this mean rofl. But he finally figured it out rofl

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Simply beautiful! Id go with Chele's Idea- hot tub, plants and maybe a hammock!!
Great job everyone I know you are going to luv it

LOL..Connie... if you need any extra screws,bolts and those other thingeys I have a box full..No instructions tho your on you own there!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow congrats... Pepsi. Very nice I love the photo of your husband??? With his hands on his hips!!!!! Looks like you will really enjoy that GH. Lots of parts... Ronna

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Heres a few updated pics of the gh.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

This is the final stages to the out side, now all that is left to do is run the electric / insulate / put the inside panels up and put the benches in :o) Then I will be able to put all my stuff inside and sow sow sow lol.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh wow!! That is the nicest home greenhouse I've ever seen. It's just beautiful! Tell your husband he did a great job!! Congratulations.

So, now how are you going to be using your greenhouse? What kinds of things do you plan on growing in there? Will you have to heat it in the winter?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow im very jealous!!! everyone did a GREAT job~
she's beautiful

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice, lucky you!!!!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice green house are you going to be heating it all fall and winter. If so i'd like to check with you next spring and maybe you could fill me in on the cost of heating such a structure. i really want one but often wonder in this economic environment whether
it can be done efficiently with the cost of gas, etc.
What do you plan to use it to grow??
A mich. gal
Julie

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks to all,

Dem, thanks for the offer but dh has plenty of spare parts him self rofl...

Ronna, Yes there was and still is lots of parts lol,

Loon & Julie, I'm not going to get to heat it this year. But I did finally get the insulation in, now I have to put in the T&G paneling strips and then dh can put the benches in and run the electric. Then I will be able to get my garage cleaned out so he can start our new bedroom. Can't wait to get started on my pots & jugs. I am going to grow what ever I can grow ;-) lol
Even if it means bringing them in the house rofl

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

nice connie:) you will enjoy it even if you dont heat it i can see you starting a growers paradise.... Ronna

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

where did u get it? how $?
sheri

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

i love your greenhouse!!!! are you going to put flowers around the outside next spring? it;s really a pretty gh.-erika

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Sheri here's the link to where I got it.
http://www.cedarbuilt.homestead.com/FreestandingGreenhouses.html
The prices have gone up since I ordered mine. We have just a little over 7000 invested in it now. That is with buying the foundation material, gravel, insulation and electrical wire, and out lets. I still have to buy the lights but haven't decided what I want :o) I we lived further north we could have bought the cedar lumber ourselves, but there is no place close to buy cedar wood here. It would have been way cheaper I think if we could have did it ourselves, it took just a little over 3 months to get the kit. And then it wasn't exactly what I ordered. They messed up on the vents, I was suppose to have 2 on the back outer walls, but they put a dbl vent on the center back wall, which really stinks, cause I had plans of putting a sink there, when time comes to put one in, I will have to shorten my 12' bench to make room for it :( The green house is nice but I just wish I could have bought the would myself and designed it. I didn't have 800.00 to send it back for them to send me the correct one... Won't do business outside the states again. Lesson learned...

It also states that it is knot free, but its not. There are quite a few thru out it. but that just makes it look prettier to me. :o)

Connie

edited to answer greathorses question, yes I plan on planting lots of flowers around it and the patio. dh is buying me a fountain to set next to it too. I would have already planted some things out there but dh isn't tilling until spring. We had so much going on trying to get the gh up and the electric run, then my grandaughter had her baby early. next thing I knew its to cold to plant... But I think I like waiting til spring, gives me more time to design it, what plants I want to put in that area, etc.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 8:18 PM

Hey Connie... you gotta do us a photo once the snow flies!!!You sure you don't need any of my extra parts don't know whats what...I do have lots tho!!!!:o)))

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Dem, Oh I am sure, dh has lots and lots of extra parts too and has no clue what they came from rofl. Iam still taking pics as we finish each project, one more wall to go to cover the insulation and pick out what lights I want to put in and it will be done, thank God!!!
Then I can start playing out there :o)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Connie it is so pretty I really love it. Your husband is doing an awsome job. Lots going on at your house now huh???? Good luck I wish you lots of luck with everything. Have a great autumn. Ronna

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay here is the rest of the pictures of the gh, I am thankful it is done :o) I have a few projects I will be doing out there among WSing, I have my gnomes to paint along with the patio blocks to get painted and ready for spring.

The weather is suppose to be nice here today and tomorro, so I may til my big bed up today and spread the preen. A friend of mine gave me some square patio blocks for the walk way I want to put thru the big garden bed, (also gave me the rug for my gh) I may get those done today too. It feels so good to be able to get out there again for a while :o)

First pic, insulation is in, now dh is putting in the benches

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Second pic, putting in the walls to cover the insulation.
And putting my supplies in :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Final pic, hooking up the lights and switch. I am ready to roll *grinning*
Had to get a night time shot with the new lights in there, they light it up good :o)

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

absolutely wonderful!!!!! hooray to you!!!!! have fun!!!!!

erika

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You didn't leave much room for the hot tub...

It looks great! I'm so glad you finally have your own little paradise! And you are so lucky! I had to build both of mine by myself. LOL

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Chele, you should here dh now, I tried to get him to do one with out have to order this one, but he said NO. But now its I would have done it this way, I wouldn't have done that.... LOL to late now.

I love it, I am already getting my WSing jugs out there to get them ready to sow in. I can't wait to get out there and PLAY :o)

I couldn't have done all the work myself. I don't have a lot of strength in my arms (due to a surgery I had several years ago and then an injure from a place I use to work) So if there is no help, alot of things don't get done... But I help where and when I can :o) There is alot of things I would love to be able to do, that I use to be able to do, but can't. It does get aggravating not being able to do the things I once could do and loved doing, :( I thank God for my DH :o)

Thanks Erika, I plan on it lol

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.