Rhodie Blooming

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Yesterday I notced that one of my Rhodies is trying to bloom again! Is this happening to anyone else?? Could it be the cultivar? Are there rhodie rebloomers?

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

Some rhodendrons have a tendancy to Fall bloom. Most notably is David Leaches "Last Hurrah", a deliberate attempt to market a Fall bloomer. Almost any Rhododendron will occassionally throw off a few flowers in the Fall if the weather changes to a wet and warm Fall.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks Arfitz.. hmm not wet but definately warm

Cincinnati, OH

R. oldhamii and its hybrids (Encore, etc) rebloom. There are a few others that also do. The Evergreen Azalea 'Chinzan' and R. 'Everlasting' bloom over a long period rather than once. Evelasting had been sold as R. nosuchianum, undr the belief that it was half Kalmia, and no such thing could happen.
Larry

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi,, I have (one) of several Rhododendrums that just started blooming. I will try to take a pic tomorrow. It is about 9 years old. the others of the same variety are not blooming. I am slowly putting a sprinkler system in and it is one that got a "little" more water than the others during this awful drought we are having. So I think water may be the key.. Just a guess,,,
Elaine

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

My Encore Azaleas are blooming and I also had a late bloom from two hydrangeas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.