ID this tropical vine please

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

The flowers I believe belong to a different plant underneath. This vine is not in bloom. The picture is from Maui. Any help is appreciated.

Thumbnail by lovetropics
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They look like my Dombeya "Pink Cloud". Although they are not vines.....back to the drawing board

Rj

This message was edited Oct 1, 2007 9:22 PM

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow very interesting Usha. Picture from Hawaii ?

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

yes. Most of them are from 'enchanting gardens' in Maui.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi RJ,
it does look like Dombeya but this is a ground cover. Do you know if there are any vine/ground covers in Dombeya family?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

No, I sure don't, and the only reason the Dombeya is front and center in my mind is because a friend gave me several plants and I just recently I.D. d them..I've never heard of them before, but that leaf shape stuck in my mind.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I just spent the last 1/2 hour researching dombeya on google to see if there was any that are not tree/shrubs and I cannot find any. It does have a flower like my dombeya, but the leaves on yours are different from mine. Of course, that means nothing, but it makes me wonder if perhaps it is just a dombeya relative.
Dombeya is of the Malvaceae order, and in the Sterculiaceae family. What does that mean? Beats me. LOLOL Just thought it made me sound smart...HA
Seriously, I will keep looking and if I find anything, I will post it. Hopefully someone that has this will see your post and solve it for you.
Best of luck,
Donna

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

thank you so much Donna for your effort. I also posted a few pictures of shrubs on tropical forum and so far none of them have been Id'd.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.