Staining bamboo flooring

Redmond, WA

I ran out of boxes of bamboo for my house and had to buy another box to finish off the project - I browsed through and found the darkest to match my current installed. When I got it home - it was still 2 shades light.

(long story... I didn't run out - numbnuts at iFloor had sent me 12 boxes of the wrong color - since I had a total of 60 boxes I just confirmed the top 4 boxes and the the ends of the rest) They had whited out the correct color and put a checkbox next to MY color. misleading me. Since I installed my project over 1 year they wouldn't accept a return - once a weekend i'd crack out the tools. I finally got down to the bottom of the pile where I found their dishonest "mistake". So in theory I did over purchase for safety - I was luckily 11 boxes over... too bad one of those was the wrong color.

So finally Another year had passed and I decided to finish up the project. So I went out and bought the closest match which ends up being a 2 shades too light. Not too obvious on it's own... but open the door so it's right next to existing and it's obvious. I'm willing to sand it down and add a slight stain too it to match existing. It's not carbonized it's natural - so I'm hoping it'll take a stain. Anyone know?

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!