Georgia`s 12 Month Robin (Closed) Part 3

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

We came from here! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/766209/
Lets see those Boxes........

This message was edited Sep 30, 2007 3:53 PM

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm back from vacation...................but the leaves haven't changed colors in south central Wisconsin yet. Pheadra, I gathered just a very few and will send them your way to use in your project. We are going to northeast Iowa and maybe into the apple area of west central Wisconsin next weekend. Wineaux, you might have to have Kim send you some leaves if I don't get any next weekend. I've just about got my October box ready to go.........to a warm climate. Ruth

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Pheadra, if you ever need any cactus samples, you know who to call. :-)

My box will be going out in a couple of days. So sorry to my buddy. I've been just a little late for everything this month.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to bake and mail cookies. Would anyone like to help me experiment with this new project. I need someome to mail cookies to so I can see if they make it through the mail okay. :o)
~Melissa

Tucson, AZ

ummmmm I love cookies and would accept the "Job" of receiving your cookies. I will inspect them very carefully and report back.

S

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Is it possible to mail pumpkin bread the same way? I always get the 'bug' to cook when temps get lower. November and December are the cooking months at my house. I cook several batches of peanut butter fudge and pumpkin bread. One year I made 10 batches of peanut butter fudge to take to DH work and my work and make for other people.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Bread,Cookies,OHHHH,I so hope I am on that list.........LOL
DH does all the cooking and backing here,But this is Harvest(peanuts,cotton) time for him so we have to suffer through with my Cooking......LOL
About Early December we will get goodies again....

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

We have been gone a few days and my daughter brought the mail I have received over tonight...and..Oh my goodness!!!My box arrived and it is just Awesome!Thank You sooo much Dylancgc/Peggy. It is quite frankly "My Hobby Dream Come True"!! It has EVERYTHING I need to start my hobby of soapmaking.It contained Soapmaking 101 a guidebook to making soaps with complete instructions,recipes and neat ideas for soapmaking,a ton of neat soap molds,a huge bag of glycerin soaps to melt and mold and Lavender oil to scent my soaps all pretty( my absolute favorite scent in the world). Thank you soo much. I have always wanting to try making soap and now thanks to you I don't need to sit and wonder how the heck to do it anymore..lol...Glad to hear you liked Hobby Lobby : ))Thank you also for the great seeds,Dragon Arum,Incense passion Flower and Giallardia Aristata.I am really looking forward to planting them and watching them bloom.Thank you sooo much for the wonderful box! If you lived closer I would give you such a {{BIG HUG}}!!
Edited to add:Can't believe I forgot to thank you for the wonderful garden sign..I love it too : )
Nancy

My box will go out tomorow or thursday.My apology for running behind. Hope my pal likes what I picked for them as much as I love my box : ))

Hope everyone is having a Great Week!

This message was edited Oct 2, 2007 10:58 PM

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad you liked it, I had fun shopping for it.

Tucson, AZ

Oh Peggy...thanks a lot!!!! I don't think my box comes anywhere close to being so spectacular... 8-( LOL

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I received my box yesterday from cattjovi and what a box it was......I love the toad house and large frog.....and the plant hanger was awesome...Also got a towel and seeds...Loved them all...Thanks so much.......Wonder if my toad will use his new house....

Richmond Hill, GA

Janet, Glad you liked your box. Hope your toad likes his new home.
Arlene

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I tried to make my toad a house and he preferred my plants of course.

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

I'd love to see a picture of the toad house! That sounds like it must look really sweet. We have some neat toads where I live, but I hadn't thought of giving them homes.
Nancy- that sounds like such a fun box!
I'll definitely be taking the "inspection" volunteers up on your kind offers. :o) I'm a vegan, so I don't taste most of the things I bake. LOL It's always important to have lots of feedback.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Drinnan I would be a volunteer cookie sampler. Do you eat pumpkin bread when I start cooking in the next month or so?

Tucson, AZ

Melissa...I sent out your box last friday and it still hasn't arrived? I'm going to dig up that tracking # and see where it is...

Tucson, AZ

Where the heck is everybody? Melissa, your box was delivered and I haven't heard from you. I know you were ill for awhile and I am concerned that something has happened. I hope you are okay and healthy and I hope too you liked your box.

What about the rest of this motley crew? Are y'all getting fun stuff? Let's hear about them! This thread has been too quiet!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine is on the way!!!!!

Melissa,Whoo Yoo! where are you?

My Fall leaves arrived today,Oh thank you so much,I love them..................

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Mine should be arriving at its destination any minute today... if its not there already : )

I too hope that Melissa is ok.

Well its summer here again.90 here today! I suppose this will be another of thoe years where we go directly from summer to winter.The leaves are changing tho and even with the heat it is looking like fall.Guess I sure shouldn't complain about warm temps this time of year.I am heading back outside now to enjoy it : ) Hope you all have a Great Weekend : ))
Nancy

Tucson, AZ

Nancy...it's here! I love the fall theme. It's still 90degrees here and I can't stand it any more so the fall theme is perfect. mmmmm that potpouri smells so yummy. I just love everything...thank you so very much. I have never I'm just going to pop the tulip bulb in the veggie bin til spring but I'm not sure what those seeds are...can you give more info? Again thanks very very much. Have a great weekend.

Susan

This message was edited Oct 5, 2007 6:25 PM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I am so happy you liked it Susan.You are very welcome.The seeds are Cactus seeds I received in a trade this summer... but now I can't remember what the cultivar names are..lol..I hope they are named on the packages.I thought beings you were in Arizona you could grow them much easier than me in Nebraska.I just hope you don't already have tons of them growing wild down where you are.My dream is to go to Arizona someday. I do have relatives in Phoenix but all I have ever seen of it are a few pictures from them.I can imagine your summers are really hot but come December when the snow is flying here I will be wishing you could send some of your nice temps up this way : ) You have a Great Weekend Too : )
Nancy

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Wineaux- I'll be going to the PO this morning. They keep saying that boxes have been delivered, but not actually leaving them in my mailbox! It took me 15 days to get a priority package of episcias this last month. I may try to speak with a supervisor. I used to get all of my packages without any problems. It's just a recently that this has started happening. I'll check back in this evening and let you know what's happened. It's probably just waiting there at the PO for me.

Susan, that sounds just beautiful!

Dylangc- Pete loves pumpkin bread.

To my buddy- your box will be going out on Monday. I couldn't resist putting this little plant in it, so didn't want to have it in the PO over the weekend.

Ladies, I'm so sorry that I've been out so much! Those darn white blood cells were just not doing what they're supposed to do. I keep thinking that I'm getting better, then ending up right back at the doctor's office. My doctor had finally decided to put me back on Neupogen for just a little while. It seems like it worked, so I shouldn't be coming down with anything else. I'm kind of just writing off September as a bad month and moving forward from here. :o) Thanks so much for thinking of me though!

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Susan, the PO had the box when I went in. Everything in their is wonderful! I love the gardening dvd's and the cat book!! Thank you so much. What a great way to start the new month!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm trying to get the house decorated so I can be ready for all the trick-or-treaters. Icosden, I haven't been keeping up with everything this past month. How are you feeling?

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to let my buddy know their box is on the way. Hope you will like what I chose for you.

RJ

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

My buddy's box is on the way too. I had such a good time putting it together. I hope everyone is having a fun October so far. By the way, if anyone likes baking, I just learned a great recipe for an apple walnut spice cake. It's great for a harvest theme. I went to my first ladies social for officer's wives and wanted to take something nice. It worked great! I'd be happy to pass it along if anyone would like me to.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

My box is migrating south today...Hope she likes it.....Enjoyed putting it all together..........

Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you Lindy so much for the wonderful box of goodies!!
First off - Tiny sends 'licks' - her way of saying thank you for the wonderful toys!

Thumbnail by kimsgardenheave
Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Here is a picture of all my goodies! The box also smelled so wonderful when I opened it!

Thank you again!
~Kim

Thumbnail by kimsgardenheave
Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

Pheadra, I got home from work to find no mail in our box and thought that was awfully strange, but my dear mailman had brought it down the lane and put it in the garage. I haven't got around to decorating for fall yet, but your scarecrow has made me decide today is the day! Absolutely love the scrapbooking fall kit. Had been thinking of making cookies...maybe I will have to try out the cutters on some sugar cookies. Maybe I'll even share with my box recipient. (Should have it in the mail in the next couple of days.) I was needing a new gardening journal. And I'm going to try some candy now. Thanks for everything!
Ruth

Thumbnail by prettypeony
Tucson, AZ

I am so sorry to have to do this but I will have to bow out of this exchange. It looks like I am going to go in for back surgery, so to continue on with this for right now is not in the cards. I hope this doesn't cause too much of a problem. It has been fun getting to know you and sending as well as recieving boxes. Thanks for everything and I hope maybe next year everything will be better.

Susan

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh Susan,Thats terrible Please let us know if THERE is anything we can do to help.When is the surgery? Please don't give up on the swap.Maybe we can come up with a solution without you having to drop out.,Let me think,I'm sure we can come up with an alternative.

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Susan, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Like Pheadra says, if we can do anything to help please let us know.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Everyone is ahead of me. I have my things ready to send, but can't send out until Friday or Saturday. I do hope my buddy thinks it is worth the wait. I have picked up things all month long and had a great time gathering my goodies.

The time just got away from me. I have been putting in a fall veggie garden. Of course this time of the year all the big box stores put a lot of plants on sale and I have done my share of cleaning off the racks for them. Most of these bargains are in sad condition, but can be revived with a little tlc. That has really kept me digging the dirt out from under my nails. LOL I always think of gloves when I come inside to scrub with the nailbrush. Slap!! Oh well, can't remember everything.
Charlene

Marion, WI(Zone 4b)

Susan - Sorry to hear that but hopefully it is all for the best and you will feel so much better after your surgery. Yes anything you need - would be happy to help.
Yesterday was actually my year anniversary from my surgery and I won't have it any other way - still have my scar but my health is so much better than it was. I hope it will be the same for you. Maybe when you are feeling better, you can come back and rejoin us! Keep us posted - you will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Take care!
~Kim

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

Susan, you are in my prayers. Ruth

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

My package is going west today or tomorrow. Ruth

Tucson, AZ

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I am having second thoughts about doing this now. They have to go in thru the front of my neck and I the possibility of losing my voice and recovery time(up to 6 months) could be greater than I am willing to sacrifice at this time...

El Paso, TX(Zone 8a)

Char- Sounds like you're having a great time. Fall planting is such fun.

Susan- I'm so sorry you're having to make such a tough decision!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

You have to weigh the pros and cons of a big decision like that.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Susan, I am praying for you and that you make the right decision for yourself. I am sorry that you have to even go through such a thing. I know how hard it was for me back in '99 when i had to have think about have a total hysterectomy. So i pray that things work out the way they are supposed.

Have a Blessed Day :o)

Char

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

The mailman came,The mailman came!!!!
Looky at what I had waiting for me...

Melissa,Everything is Wonderful......Thank you.......
I got a Trick or Treat bag of candy,it has been so long since I was young enough to trick or treat,and my son is way too old for it(17 going on 25), plus we are so far out that we don't get any little ones at the house so Halloween kinda fell through the cracks as our kids become young adults.
I had lots of different goodies That are all great,But I have 2 that are my alltime favorites.The candy bag and............................

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.