Garden in the Woods

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Kassia knows about this wonderful park. Here is a slide show of my visit of a few weeks ago. http://dailypics.ning.com/photo/photo/slideshow?albumId=650124:Album:32459 You can remove the thumbnails at the bottom by clicking on the '6 squares in a rectangle' button at the top near the counter.
Andy P

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

What a beautiful place Andy! The variety of plants is amazing and I never knew Monkshood grew wild. I bet you visit as often as possible, I know I would! BTW...nice to have you back in the N.E. forum!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great photos andy.... thanks for the story

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Excellent pics, Andy. I was there in the spring a few years ago, but it looks like there are many more blooms in the fall. They also have woodland plants for sale.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Very nice, Andy. Framingham is my XH's territory; I tend not to go there, but Garden in the Woods (I went once a million years ago) is still gorgeous. Thanks.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice shots Andy. Must be a nice place to visit.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone.
Pixie, this was my first visit. A friend got free tickets and invited me. We both will go again, it's a super place.
It was also my first outing with a new camera. I missed a lot of shots, too many buttons, lol.
Andy P

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Great pics Andy! Brings back fond memories of this special garden. You really need to visit in the spring - they have a wonderful sale sometime in May? and the gardens are even more spectacular then. Also have a new camera that I need to experiment with - just received on Friday and so far have only set my date and time LOL - need to get some shots of the gardens before frost!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Andy and rcn ...
what did you get for new cameras?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I wonder what camera RCN got.
I upgraded from a basic Fuji to an intermediate Fuji. If I can figure this one out I may go DSLR in a few years. I have a lot to learn first, lol.
The new one is a Fiji S700 with 10x Zoom and 7.1 MP. It's almost like starting over again with so many new features & buttons. One feature was very handy on this outing, the 'Voice memo' let me dictate the plant name after taking the pic.
Andy P

That's a useful tool.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Andy, had been searching for an ultra compact camera all summer and made the decision to wait for the September release of the Nikon Coolpix S51 http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25574. Still have my trusty Olympus but wanted something that I could easily carry with me all the time - just seem to lose too many shots because the Olympus isn't as easy to drag around :) Hopefully I'll get some decent photos soon to post after I'd had an opportunity to experiment. Envy your 10x Zoom but at least I got a good Macro (1.6") with the Nikon - Olympus was only good for 8"!

Debbie

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

My goodness, SLRs have come a long, long way since I bought my last one 'way back in the mid 90s. I am so jealous! I love my digital, but I am losing all the knowledge I used to have about using a 'regular' camera. Yes. I know that they make disital SLRs now. Just don't have the funds for one.

Andy, you can actually talk to your camera to help you remember the shots? How greast is that?

Debbie, I just love the ability to have a great zoom lens (one that's not too cumbersome), and a macro. It seems like the Nikon Coolpix will fill the bill very nicely.

Andy, please let us know if the camera answers back!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful photos, Andy.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

rats - stuck in the lecture hall - students are writing an exam, and I can't seem to open the file.

I will have to wait until I get on my own computer. :-)

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The new camera is NOT a pocket camera, unfortunately.
No, it does not talk back to me, Victor.
Seandor, you may be blocked because my site is on a social network where ANY subject can have a site, know what I mean?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

ooh . . . yes, the college would definitely block that! lol

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hey, Andy, good to see you here. This must be a great place to visit if your pics are any indication. Wish I could go. But I thoroughly enjoyed your great photos. you must be doing something right with the new camera ;0)

(Zone 4a)

Fabulous photos - what a nice slide show to watch - thanks for sharing....I really enjoyed it.

I have to say though that was one ugly bug - it looks monstrous in the picture LOL

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Andy - the pics were beautiful. Thank you for sharing you trip to the Garden in the Woods with us!! Eleanor

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks.
Dawn, I thought the Wasp was a beauty. It was big but not aggressive.
Andy P

(Zone 4a)

Wow that was wasp?? I didn't even notice that - it just scared me LOL Wasn't that bug red? I didn't know wasps were red....

If they forgot sunscreen.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The only bug in the show is a 'Great Golden Digger' wasp. I saw others but couldn't get a good shot.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
(Zone 4a)

Well it is a good shot - even if it is a bug! Ewww!!! LOL Those suckers sure look scary to me....

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Dawn, this guy is a nectar & pollen eater. It has to be provoked to even consider stinging. It didn't flinch with the camera only a few inches away. It's pretty big and intimidating though. lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.