Growers outlet

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

We stopped by Grower's Outlet a few weeks back with a couple from church. Some of the plants seemed to be suffering from the water ban. I picked up a banana tree, hosta, variegated ginger, red lantana, coral bells, iris, and some jp iris bulbs. After a few waterings, everything perked up and the lantana is blooming like crazy in the shade. Hubby bought me a knockout rose and an ee that I didn't have. They have updated their site and when it says 'bulbs fresh from Holland', they aren't lying. The owner went there for 5 days.

http://www.growersoutletllc.com/

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got some nice plants.

Hopefully the lakes will get replenished this fall and winter. Forecasters are calling for a mild, dry winter but they are usually wrong so I hope they are wrong this time as well.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Not a bad price for those knock-out Roses. I didn't know about this place. Thanks!

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Raggedyann, did the plants look as good as those prices?
I am going to look up how far this is from me.

chris

Wow, about 60 miles. I hope I can make time to get there. Looks like a great place.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2007 7:33 PM

They actually did. I have been buying from them for years and the plants come back year after year.

North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

Okay, where is Loganville? Anyone know how far it is from Augusta?
Thanks!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Alicewho, Loganville is southwest of Athens. Probably about 2 hours from you, 130 miles?

North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info Cordeledawg.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I love this place, but I can't go there. I still have to much waiting to be planted. I get my potting mix there, promix, usually buy 20 bags at a time so I don't have to go back too soon. Every time I go I find so much and at such good prices I come home with a truck full. Just don't go expecting to buy something specific. Their inventory changes almost daily.

Rincon, GA(Zone 8b)

Ann,

Thanks so much for this post........ keep em coming........ I had not heard of this place

I am new to gardening and need to know where to get the best plants and prices.....

I also found out that I am in zone 9 now...... I am near Savannah..... one county up, Effingham.

I like this site and hope to visit one day...... but at present I am like Beclu, I don't NEED to go any place until I get all those others planted...lol

Janice

Oh oh oh sure wish you could mail order, but I didn't see any info where you could. :-(
~Susan

Oxford, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for posting this! I am less than 15 minutes away and have also never heard of this place.

Rincon, GA(Zone 8b)

Jlscrug,
Please give us an update if you go.
I am just finding out about it also.

Ann, thanks again for this post. : )

If you go to their site, click on the 'about us' section. The owners fly back and forth to Holland to bring back bulbs,etc. Hubby told the owner that he should get a discount because of all the people her refers. LOL They are very knowledgeable and there are a few master gardeners working there to answer ?'s.
The prices of the pansy flats are 1/3 of other stores. I see so much on the list that I don't have, maybe I should get a job there. ;)
If any of you make a trip there, let me know. Loganville also has a beautiful botanical garden, antique stores....

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

This place sounds like the place worth making a long trip for. When do they start having spring arrivals?

They usually close sometime in Nov. and open back up in Feb. So Feb-March I would guess.
Hopefully our Dawgs will do better this weekend!!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Hope so. Geesh!

I went yesterday, My son had a hockey tourney in Snellville, which is about 10 min from the growers outlet.

I think this is definetly a Spring road trip if anyone is interested. Hopefully we will be able to water by then. The prices were excellent and the plants looked wonderful. They have a few growing nurserys in Loganville and grow all their own stuff except the shrubs. I will be there a few times from now till Nov. for hockey so I will see the turnover of plants.

chris

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

When you plan on your spring trip, Chris, give me a weeks heads up and I'll go with you. My kids live in Barnesville so I could make a trip to see them then on to see you in Peachtree Ctiy, ok? Maybe everyone on this thread and others from the north ga area could go at the same time and we could have a Dave's get togther at that nursery. That would be fun!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I went last weekend on the spur of the moment and I really think its great! :)
I did buy, as I have a well I can use right now..

Susan

Sounds great! I will let you know when I am going.

Small world Chris. I volunteer at my son's school for grounds beautification, and the girl in charge has 2 sons that played in tournaments over the weekend. If anyone wants to meet up in the spring, the Vines Botanical garden in Loganville has covered picnic areas...just a thought...

Those hockey tourneys were pre-season and they were alot of fun.
I will now be there every few weeks and then the major end of season tourney. I hope that is in spring. I never payed attention to what month hockey ended. It is great to know that when there is a 9:00 am game and a 1:00 game, I now where I am going in between.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'd like to go! In 2 weeks my parents are coming from Holland. I'm sure my Mom will enjoy coming too and seeing something else. For us it will be a 45 min. trip.
Since frontyard is basically done I'm moving into backyard slowly. I'll be needing lots of things. Maybe I can keep plants in big planters until final planting time .Let me know ladies (and maybe gentlemen), we can meet there!
Coby

Loganville, GA

The owners are all Dutch so they can chat with your parents!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Funny, yes I'm sure my Mom would appreciate that. Well, like Raggedyann said: "..it's a small world".
Coby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.