After Midnight

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

This is the first bloom...the plant looks a bit ratty but it will be fine..but look at that flower!

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yup, I like that. That ones on my list for sure.

Joanne

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I bought After Midnight this spring and I just loved the color of it. The dark stems added some nice color as well. One garden visitor mentioned that she thought it looked like velvet when it was in bloom. It started looking ratty when our weather cooled some but it was great this summer. A definite keeper.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Something tells me that it is going on my list, too. Nice to know which ones do well before sinking money into them:-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I agree tgg. The newer models tend to cost about $25 - $27 up here, so I hate to spend that on a plant that isn't going to perform.

Joanne

(Zone 4a)

Is there a coneflower called ruby red or something like that?? Does that one grow tall?? I have some taller ones that drive me nuts but maybe if I had shorter ones in front it would be okay? Arlene mentioned Kims knee high but I have't seen those around here.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

This is Ruby Star and it grows about 30" tall. I just planted it this year and this is the first blossom I've had. Was attacked and eaten ealier in the season by (!.) a woodchuck, (2.) a deer, or (3.) a squirrel!! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
(Zone 4a)

Well whatever ate it must have done you a favour cause it looks gorgeous now!!!

Al you said you would send those goldilocks thingies....can you still send those to me?

Ok now I sound like a spoiled brat! But pleeease! I don't think you ever responded to my d-mail - being that you are so busy and all...yes I am sucking up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.