Stainless Steel paint

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There was a paragraph about this stuff in the October Family Handyman that I just got in the mail today--it's actual particles of stainless steel in some sort of polymer that makes it spreadable. You paint it on to your plain boring white or cream colored appliances, put on their topcoat which helps resist fingerprints, and it gives you a coating of stainless steel (you do need to prime if your appliance surface is plastic rather than metal). The stuff's not super cheap ($150 for a kit that it says will do an avg size fridge, range, and dishwasher), but it's sure a lot cheaper than buying new appliances!
http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/
Anyone heard of this before (or even better...tried it)? I'm planning to order a sample to see what it looks like, and I'm giving some serious thought to trying it on my appliances--ever since I got the granite countertops, the off-white appliances just don't look nice anymore. But I'm worried that it'll be obvious that I painted the appliances, and to me that would be worse than just leaving them off white.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!