Seeds for postage

Lebanon, OR

OK I have a lot of open pollinated seeds from the following and if there is an interest I will see how much small padded envelopes cost and rounding up the nearest dollar with weight and postage is all you will pay
This is good until I run out of seeds or lack of interest.

I will find out tomorrow how much the envelopes cost and the shipping on them

Each one would have approximately one tablespoon of seeds.

LIGHT VERSE
(Marty Schafer/Jan Sacks, R. 2004), Sdlg. V96-2-1. SPEC (versicolor), 19" (48 cm), EM
Light blue-violet self (RHS 91C/D) with darker veining (91A) throughout; style arms have darker midrib and curl; signal white with a hint of yellow and dark blue violet veining; slight fragrance. Versicle X SP92-11-6: (SP90-7-1: (Whodunit x unk)) x Party Line.

EPIC POEM
(Marty Schafer/Jan Sacks, R. 2004), Sdlg. V96-1-2. SPEC (versicolor), 26" (66 cm), ML
"S. light blue violet (RHS 91C/D); style arms white; F. light blue-violet (91B/C), smooth, signal white with delicate blue violet veining. Versicle X SP92-11-3: (SP90-7-1: (Whodunit x unknown) x Party Line).

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Just for the sake of curiosity, when you plant open pollinated iris from seed, how much variation are you likely to get?

Lebanon, OR

Some or none...I have found both in different types of iris.

D

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

I would be interested. However, although I'm 40 I'm new to gardening and don't want to waste seeds. Is there something specific I need to know about "open pollinated" seeds? I've done a little research online but haven't found anything that says I'd need to do something particular. Iris grow really well here on the gulfcoast.

~Megin

Lebanon, OR

Open Pollinated means that either it is done its self or by bees...

Nothing special, just plant, water and hope

D

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Okay, then I'd love to try some! Just let us know how much postage.

Thanks,
Megin

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I'd like to try, too, if there are any left. This is one situation in which I love surprises:). I'm trying some generously gifted daylily seeds, as well, and they will all be treated as best I can. Any starting/growing tips would be welcome.
Thank you for offering,'
Margo

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

I would love to try some, I've never tried iris seeds.

Lebanon, OR

I will find out the price of the envelopes and the postage on same either today or Sat...then post here.

D

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

You really are an absolute glutton for punishment Dee. Me too please.
Ginny

Mesilla Park, NM

I'd also like to try some... this will be the first time I try iris seeds... wooooohooo.. Thank you..
A.

Lebanon, OR

OK they are not going to be packed envelopes as they cost .50 each so got the bubble wrap and will wrap them in that and then in a regular envelope and find out the cost to the USA and CANADA on Mon...

D

Oslo, Norway(Zone 5a)

I would love to try some too. Sendt you a Dmail :)

Line

Lebanon, OR

Ladies

I will be taking the envelopes to the post office on Mon, now I will need the following information from each of you please

Either Dmail or email denise@snowpeakiris.com with the correct mailing address.

If any of you are going to pay by credit card or paypal please add 4% to total.

Once I receive all the address I will go to the post and have them weighted and checked and send you an email telling you how you owe.

Thank you for the vast interest.

D

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I would love to have your seeds. I will mail you my bubble envelope with return postage, and mailing label, and you can mail seeds back to me in it, if that is okay with you. Let me know if 3 stamps will do it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.