Overwhelmed w/ Canna seed

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi,

I have plenty of Canna seed for trade. I’m a new member and haven’t traded before, so if some one could show me the ropes I’d appreciate it. I’m unsure what variety they are.

I would like to trade for banana seed, if anyone has any they would like to get rid of. Or perhaps some other type of seed I didn’t think about.

Dean_W

Orlando, FL

Hi Dean...what color are the cannas...what size flower do they have and about how tall are they...oh and what color leaves and stalks? I have two very small banana trees..they get small sweet bananas on them. My adult trees had several stalks of bananas this year. The banana trees are about a foot tall. I do not know the name of the banana trees I have. IF I cannot use the seeds I am willing to send you banana trees for the cost of postage.

Robyn

Robyn,

The Cannas in question range from 3’ to 7 1/2 ‘ tall. The flowers are red, yellow and some are orange w/ yellow edges. The leaf colors are green and I also have the purple leafed variety. The flowers can get about as big as the palm of your hand I’m estimating.

Let me know if we can work something out. These are all fresh seeds and I’m getting ready to go out and pick some more. I should have kept the purple leafed variety separated from the green leafed variety, and by flower colors as well.

I have attached a picture taken w/ my video camera, sorry for the poor picture.

Dean_W

This message was edited Sep 26, 2007 3:15 PM

Thumbnail by Dean_W
Orlando, FL

I would like some seperated seeds of the red blossoms and of the purple leaved ones.. and of the yellow.and some of the mixed up seeds as well. I am estimating it costing about 10 dollars for shipping on the 2 banana trees. How many seeds would you be willing to trade? The banana trees are small and growing well. Think it over and get back with me.

Thanks
Robyn

Robyn,

I have about 30 seeds of the red flowered, tall green leafed variety. The purple leafed variety w/ red flowers has been picked clean of seeds. The ones w/ yellow flowers are about chest high and I have about 20 of them. The mixed batch of seeds is about 110. I’d be willing to trade the whole batch for your banana trees. I already started about ten myself and they are sprouting already, so I have more than enough of these varieties of Cannas for now.

Let me know if that sounds like a fair deal to you.

Dean_W

Thumbnail by Dean_W
Orlando, FL

Oh I so want to say yes...BUT...I do not want to be to selfish.
Let me make sure I understand...there are some of all colors you have in the mixed seeds? I do not want to take all your seeds...that just is not fair to others. It will be easier for you to trade the ones that you know what they are. How about half the mixed up ones....and I will hope that I get some of the ones..I really want. I plan on using most of the seeds for my grandaughters science class. They ask for seeds to be donated and I think it would be cool to grow something most think does not come from seed. IF you do not get any offers and still want to get rid of them...I will take them. We will use them for other science classes.

Thanks so Much
Robyn

PS Please send me a Dmail with your address..thanks

Robyn,

Sounds fine I'll send you a D-mail.

Dean_W

Thumbnail by Dean_W

Yes, the mixed batch has some of all the colors and sizes in it. I think the height of the plants maybe depdent on what type of soil they grow in. The tallest ones are growing in the richest and deepest soil. I amended the soil earlier on in the planting.

I have many seeds left if anybody else is intrested.

Dean_W

Riverview, FL

I'm extremely interested....and extremely poor. (college student)

I'd LOVE some of the ones with the orange edges or the ones with the purple leaves...but alas I cannot pay you back for shipping.

Better luck next time :)

The purple leafed variety w/ red flowers have been picked clean of seeds also the orange ones.

No more seed left! Maybe later.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.