Tricyrtis ID

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thought I would try this here, I got this as a seedling at a swap. Does anyone recognize it? Sorry about the picture quality but the color is pinker than the picture represents. The leaves are slightly fuzzy

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

thanks enya--couldn't find it there but I appreciate the effort, it's a japanese seedling of some type...it's pretty so I've kinda given up on trying to ID it for now

but sheesh, I could spend a fortune at lazy ss...lol

Madison, WI

It is very pretty, I agree. I have some starts, but nothing close to the beauty you have. I was surprised not to easily find some sort of catalog of Tricyrtis with Google.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

when they come up in the spring I should have some to trade, just remember to contact me...teehee, I'm so bad, I looked at your trade list and saw arisema...lol

Madison, WI

I have enough of Arisema triphyllum blooming size, but the other ones I have only one bulb. Got them a year before. I'd love to trade! We are all here because we are nuts about plants :)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

that's a pretty one...just don't forget to dmail me..lol. I probably have enough lasiocarpa but it's so late to try and plant them

Raleigh, NC

Tropicanna--did you get that at Lavinae's swap? I got some there--forget from who--and mine are labeled and blooming. If that is where your's came from, I can check my labels, and also the bloom--maybe its one of those?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Tropicana, how is you confederate rose? is it growing?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

aww....I hate to admit it but I killed them, totally my fault but i had so much going on I forgot about the cuttings and they sat in water too long...:(....I'm such a plant killer

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

tropicana, remind me and i will send you more in the spring

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

what could I send you so that they might have a root or two...lol?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yes, i will root them next time. bye the way my ginger is doing very well. do i cut it back after the first frost

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

some people do, I have just waited till spring to cut it and it was fine also , thanks so much for remembering me!

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

here is another list with nice picts to check against
http://www.bigdipperfarm.com/cgi-bin/searchstuff.pl?Botanical=Tricyrtis

Dick

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks again, but I wasn't able to find it. I thinkit's just some cross that probably has a Japanese name and that's it

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.