Tok some pics of echies not mine the other day.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Not sure of the names for sure of any of these.

This one has darker stems like After Midnight or Fatal Attraction, but is pretty tall - I certainly would have took it home.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Not positive of this one, maybe Vintage Wine.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

These are in a little better flowering shape then mine right now it sems.

Certainly one of the Kim's, I have enjoyed the color of this one everytime I've been there(private residence)

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Single shot of that one again. This one I think I'll get next year once I figure it out.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
(Zone 4a)

Very pretty!!! There are so many shapes and forms and colours to them. Great shots!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice Al. I like the little Ladybug on Vintage.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

These are really nice Al. I like the first one too, I hope you can find out the names.

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

bigcityal,
Your shots Nos. 3 and 4 sure look like one I got by accident last year. Bought two as regular purple cone flowers and one turned out to look like the ones in your picture. I let it self-seed this year (first year it flowered) and it still has some seed heads on it--would you like some?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

bigcityal -
Thought of you when we saw the Echinacea in the Missoui Botanical Gardens last weekin. Unfortunately they were well past their prime but still retained a few blooms.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

another

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

and

Thumbnail by jmorth
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Those still look fine, must have been new this year. I sure hope my Rasberry Tart looks more like that one next year.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

J, they look pretty good to me too. Always nice to see whole plant pics. Looks like a nice day to look at the gardens. :)

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

ngam,
other than a bit on the hot side, it was a beautiful day...
when we came out of the structure pictured we were definately hot...the geodesic dome is a gigantic rainforest called the Climatron.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

view up from within -

Thumbnail by jmorth
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

j nice pics. Very interesting place. Been hot here too, waiting for some rain I hope, then cool down to more normal fall temps. Thanks for sharing your fun garden day with us. :)

(Zone 4a)

Are you a peeping Al? OMG I gotta watch!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.