Kitchen exhaust fan?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

We have been upgrading our kitchen. We tore out some cabinets that hung from the soffit over the stove. These cabinets were a partial block of our dining room so if you ducked down or moved to one side of the stove you could look into the diring room. So now when I stand at the stove I look directly into the dining room and there is a bar area directly behind the slide in stove. My question is: should I install a ceiling fan into the soffit where the pre - existing exhaust system is hooked up or some sort of hood? We previously had a hood system built into the cabinets. Personally, I think a hood system would not be attractive, even though higher then eye level, but maybe you guys have an opinion I ought to consider. Thanks.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!