Another great show to see on TV..'The Desert Speaks' PBS.

Hayward, CA

This is the best show/series you will ever see on the tropical,subtropical and even temperate deserts of the America's and the world. So many of the common succulent house plants and cacti in the hobby can be seen growing in habitat-in H.D.- too boot. In video,not film.
Never seen a 40+foot Boojum? Ponytail palm hundreds of years old? or wondered what species of cacti on the Galapagos is that in the background?(most plants on the Galapagos flower yellow I learned)-The Desert Speaks highlights them all. The host is a very genial fella who understand the native flora and cultures of the southern new world and Australia. I couldn't recommend a better show for the budding biologist,botanist,familys,kids or of course gardener. On a widescreen H.D. TV it will take your breath away.
That island of golden yellow spined Trichocereus 30'+ tall in the middle of a dry salt lake in the Andes..wow....

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Great job BAT ! Thanks!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Bat. Have already gone to the guide and am "Tivo-ing".

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ahhh yes, the many wonders of TIVO....another thing I miss, but then I don't have much of anything out here to record, so no loss I spose.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I never thought I would want it. DH likes blood and guts and I like anything that has to do with nature.....so I Tivo and he watches whatever in Prime Time....that 's ok because I am on DG. hahhahahaha

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

And we wouldn't have it any other way!!!!♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.