New seedling

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Candy manages to get into almost every picture

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow!!!!
Which brug is this one??
The new seedling,not shy about blooming at all!
Nice picture with the Knome and dears!!

The top one is one of my favorites, Santa Rosa. The seedling is an unknown cross which I think is a rather pretty orange sherbet color and it's has done very well for it's first flush, it's a keeper!

If anyone is interested in some cuttings I would love to share, perhaps the spring is better for you guys on the mainland?

We only have about a 10 degree average difference in temperature year round, but what a difference it makes! The garden is looking less tired and bedraggled, and the weeds are doing great!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

pick me!! would love a cutting

Jordankittyjo - it's yours! The unknown is a little too young to take a cutting yet (harder wood roots better than green wood) PM me your address....

My unknown this morning....Sorry it's blurry....

I also have a double white - probably Hawaiian white...

My first Confederate rose flower

White ginger, smells SO good!

Plumeria...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my conf. rose bloomed 2 weeks ago. a little early, but should bloom again next week

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny - I would absolutely love a cutting! Those are beautiful!!! Well done!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Candy - I see you sneakin....

Stunning....green over candy!!!! :)

Shari, PM me your address....want a double white too? Also got Strawberry creme which is big enough to take a cutting from.....

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Jenny. That is not almost heaven.....it is heaven. I purchased seed last Spring. Now have 4 about 3' each in pots......nowhere near ready to bloom. They are a part of the 25 5gallon pots I've got to bring in the house before frost. I'm just so excited. I have datura in the beds and they do great......die down and come back next year except the double purple just plain died. Anyway I am pampering these. Just cut the lower leaves off yesterday as I have seen in photos on other posts. So glad for you that they are blooming so fantastically. The picture of the unknown should be added to the Bloom for the Day.
Interesting to join in with the people of our planet as we are all in different stages with our gardens. Best part.....we are all just alike!

Christi Lou

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yep - aint it all fun!!! Jenny - sending you address.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

This double just doesn't want to open up!!!!
It's suppose to be a double color,cream with a orange center,didn't come with a tag,it was somebody hybrid seedling,it's about 6ft tall now,but the flowers just don't want to open/

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh but when they do please remember to post a picture! That sounds like it will be gorgeous!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

BHM, I would love to have some cuttings, if you have any extras! Those are beautiful. Glad to pay for postage! Fall or Spring......

Texasgal - they are yours, do you have freezes there? If so cuttings will do better for you in the spring.....PM me with addy and let me know...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

BHM you have a Dmail.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Hello I would love a cutting from the seedling perhaps when it has thicker hardier stems

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

The doubles that won't open ,has now become a triple dipper that open either!!!!
Somethings eating them too!

Thumbnail by Tropicman

Pensacolagarden remind me in a few months, stems are very soft and brand new....

TM, is this the first bloom on your double? I understand that doubles can take a couple of flushes before they settle in. As for what is eating it - take your pick ! Everything loves to eat brugs, funny considering how poisonous they are!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes first flushes,well what ever is eating the flowers,aren't even touching the foliage!!!

Yes TM I read in the Brugs forum that those double and triple have this habit sometimes....just give it a little time.It must be frustrating....but not as frustrating as watching all the beautiful angels over there while we have so little variety to get excited about
I am determined to try and breed some myself this Summer.
All thses Angels are just glorious it is like being in angel heaven...even if it is just cyber ......thanks :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Your welcome,have another double,but it hasn't y yet so don'y know if I'll get any blooms this year or not.

San Antonio, TX

Braveheart'smom: I would love to get cuttings of your Brugs. If possible of all three (Santa Rosa, peach, and the white) PLMK

(pic of mine attached)

Thumbnail by Anaid

Aloha!

We removed some bananas which were sheltering the Santa Rosa and then had strong trade winds - trunk on Santa Rosa split! Give me a few months to get some strong growth on her and cuttings will be ready.

The unknown seedling (Taylor Dawn X ?) is too young to take cuttings yet, again a few months needed, she is still a baby!

Anaid and Pensacola, please DMail me your address and I will send cuttings as soon as they are ready. Sharri, never did get your address....

Jenny

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny - Oops I must have done something wrong...I'll send it again . Check your d-mail.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Gorgeous BHM...and I bet they are really fragrant!!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Jenny, you have the most amazing plants! If I had room, I would ask you for one of everything! LOL Doubt I ever move from this area, do you think you could send tropical weather our way?! :) :)Misty

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow, BHM, that unknown Brug is astonishing, thanks for sharing pics of your lovelies!
Cathy

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I would take any cuttings you care to send sase?

Anaid and Pensacolagardener, will be checking for some cuttings for you on Sunday, sorry I haven't even been down in the garden this week...don't even know what's growing!
Aloha!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Braveheart, Your making me want to move. I can only imagine actually having these beauties in your garden. Ohhhhhhhhh they are so pretty. You are so lucky to live where they thrive. Keep those beautiful photos coming.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Jenny, Seems you are working very hard this week. And this weekend, too, I imagine.
Worked in the garden today with a new iris bed. Not very tropical but took more than half the day to make a place in the barn/tool shed for a makeshift warm house. Will probably be putting a heater in there some nights.

Can't live without those gorgeous tropical plants.

Christi

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yep, I have decided that I want one of everything all of you in the tropics have! LOL :) :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.