One of my seedling.

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

This is one of my seedling that is 2 years old it is just now starting to bloom. It is a seedling of Claire De Lune and The President. The color is more Silvery blue than shows in the picture. I have waited 2 years for this one and I think she's a beauty.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2007 8:03 PM

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

After all that forgot the picture. Here's a couple.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

And a close up

Thumbnail by gldandrews
(Zone 4a)

Very pretty - love the colour!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations! Lovely form and color. Perfect for a shady location.

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

Beautiful!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I love the color and form!! It's beautiful!!

How do you cross Clematis?

Debbie

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

That's really pretty - great job!

(Zone 4a)

That's a winner - beautiful!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Thanks all, Debbie I know it sound crazy but with a q-tip and hope for the best. I'm sure though sometimes the bees help me out.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2007 7:26 AM

This message was edited Sep 18, 2007 7:26 AM

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Well, no, that's not crazy at all. I've been out pulling pollen from hosta flowers with tweezers. LOL But, I never notice any pollen on clematis flowers. I guess that's what I was really asking. Where's the pollen and where do you put it??

Debbie

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Debbie,
In the close up picture, see right dead in the center the longer white hair like things( I know the scientific name but for the life of me can't think of it) That is where I take the pollen from you really can just barely see it. That is also where I put it on the receiving plant. Some take and some don't. It is just luck of the draw. It also could be that I'm doing nothing at all and the bees are doing it all for me.lol

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow that is gorgeous!!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I'm gonna look for that today just so I'll know what I'm lookin for. Is the pollen yellow? I may need to get out the reading glasses and magnifing glass!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.