Look What I Found!

Yardley, PA

I just happened to look under some leaves and found this neat seed pot on one of my Uncarina Roesoelianas. I have never had one before. It is so neat looking. I looked it up and it is supposedly not that easy to hand pollinate. It needs to be pollinated by a beetle.

Thumbnail by Sally0

Wow, that is so interesting, and Cool!
I hope you're planning on entering this photo into PlantFiles ?

Sasha

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

WOW, that is really smashing, SallyD; hope you do as suggest by Sashagirl!

Larry

This message was edited Sep 15, 2007 2:14 PM

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

How kool!
What beetle did you use? ;p
Grow em!
Maybe itll be a new hybrid?
Congrats SallyD!

Yardley, PA

I would love to take the credit for brilliantly doing the pollination, but I have no idea how this was pollinated. I just read that information and thought it was interesting. I will have to figure out how to use the plant file. Great idea.
Thanks. Sally

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sally - it is beautiful - love the color :-)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Congrats on being a proud Mom! He's a cutie!!
:) Donna

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Dear Sally,
It's easy to use the Plant Files:

Go to Guides and Information, Plant Files and click on the green "search for a plant" bar then enter the name of your plant in the boxes as appropriate. Click on the matching plant in the search results and scroll down the entry. You will see a link "upload a picture of this plant" . After that it is just like uploading to the forums, except a bit slower as they check the photos before they put them online. I think a lot of your plants should be in Plant Files as the Caudiciform plants seem to be somewhat under represented.

Happy photo posting, Kaelkitty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.