September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Marylyn, watching the WC this morning to get the latest on the storm a'brewing. Looks like it will track across us (central FL) and hit the Gulf. They are uncertain what or where it will go then, but are thinking it may track back into your Gulf Coast. So......keep your eye on it Sloopy!

By the way, if I'm rambling on it's the Percocet talking!LOL Spent the day in the ER yesterday and found that I have sprained my chest wall. Most people have sprained ankles, wrists, etc., but I managed to sprain the largest area possible in my body! LOL The Percocet is so I can breath with reduced pain and stave off phenumonia (sp?).

Anyway..... I will sit quietly and linger in DG. Can't think of a more interesting way to heal! As I said, forgive my drug-induced rambling.
~~~Pati

(Zone 5a)

Pati - I love it when you ramble on - you should do it more often :-) lol So nice to hear from you! Hope the storm won't get too bad ;-) Hope you heal soon!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
but all in all I think I'll stay here in the warmth with the lizards.
LOL! Marilyn, I'm with you there.
Kiska: I do love seeing your pics, tho. Cute moose.
Joey: Awwwww! (JW). The flower's a coreopsis.
Sharon: How much rain have you have so far? THe news said JAX had over 5" yesterday, I think. 9' waves?? OMG..
Pati: That sounds painful! Do take it easy.

Cloudy today. High 79. Chance of rain 40%.
It was 61 on my back porch at 7 this morning. Felt downright chilly! Sadly, it was also close to "Dyson dark" when my alarm went off at 630. I really hate that.
Deb

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Marylyn – Good to hear from you! I don’t sleep well when DH goes out of town either. He’s going to be in Reno for a conference for a week soon. I’m dreading it. Can’t go, haven’t been working here long enough to take the time off. :P
Joey – Can I hear a collective “Awwwwww” at the latest picture of JW? He’s darling!
Pati – I see more rain in your future! Wow – how did you sprain your chest wall? Never mind – maybe I don’t want to know! LOL!! PS Perc’s are the best with pain like that.
Deb – So far at my house 1” LOL! I work on the south end of the island probably 2-3” there. It’s been raining all morning down there.

73.4 °F / 23.0 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 17.7 mph / 28.5 km/h / 9.8 m/s
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 800 ft / 243 m
Mostly Cloudy 1800 ft / 548 m
Overcast 2500 ft / 762 m

Today
Windy. Partly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Heavy rainfall possible. Highs around 80. Northeast winds 20 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

The wind is crazy! How are you doing Sidney? We're lucky being on the tail end of the system. Jacksonville is still getting hammered and St. Augustine is getting it worse.

(Zone 3b)

47*/raining; no wind. Gray of course:))
The little moose spent the night in the garden...I crept out this morning to take this as he? was chewing his cud.
Music2Keep - Just precious and beautiful...and, yes, life gets just a bit more hectic/full as the gkids come along...
MySharona~~I see the rainbow:) Looks very much like a "sun dog" there.
Glad you mentioned the blowing sand; just never thought about that. Looks like wait a minute and the weather will change...
Snow should hold off down here in the valley till mid October.
Rann--beautiful leaf/plant; tangible evidence, other than a cold rain, of the transition...
Marylyn_TX~~sounds as you're going to be very busy, in addition to the "regular" day to day..
pattischell~~you're very welcome to use any that catch your eye...bet your "poor plants" did love the refreshing rain. Wow - sounds like you've got to be in alot of pain, even w/out pain pills..be careful and try to breath deeply as possible:))
Dyson - how are you?
DebinSC...I just shake my head and smile as you and Marylyn opt to have warm weather and lizards:)) That high of 79*, too cool for you?
Little moose this morning after spending the night there in the garden.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi,everyone and no need to say what beautiful pictures you all have posted !It's getting coolerhere ,the temps are about to decrease with 10 degrees until tomorrow !Only 51 in the morning and 66 at noon.It rained today,but it was still sunny.
I have a cold and not feeling so well today,so I'll see you tomorrow.
Posting a pic of my daturas in the garden.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Kiska, how big is the little moose? I have a feeling that little is a very relative term when it comes to moose.

Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
70 °F / 21 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h / 5.7 m/s from the SSE
Wind Gust: 20 mph / 32 km/h / 8.7 m/s

DH is working from home today and has had the windows open. I'm half freezing. A few weeks ago, I was looking at the fleece shirts in the closet and thinking, "Does it really ever get cold enough to wear these?" Now I have half a notion to put one on.

This is very hard to believe but I'll keep you posted.

... A very rare and cold September storm on tap for Thursday and
Friday...

A very cold storm that originated in British Columbia and has
traveled over land... and not over the relatively warm waters... was
currently over Oregon this morning. This storm will move down the
California coast today and will likely bring rain... thunderstorms...
and even some higher elevation snow... to central and Southern
California Thursday and Friday.

This system will be almost unprecedented in terms of cold and snow
levels for September in southwestern California. Snow levels will
fall to between 5500 and 6000 feet later Friday. In addition many
locations may well set record low maximum temperatures on Friday
with temperatures more typical of January rather than September.

Exactly how much rain this system will produce is still in
question... and models are showing significant variances in
precipitation time and amounts. Right now... the best estimate for
rainfall is for a half inch to one inch in most areas... but the
south and southwestern facing coastal mountain slopes could receive
between 2 and 3 inches of rain.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: The 79 degree high is just about perfect. :) That little moose is so cute! Does he "squish" your plants (the ones he doesn't eat, that is).?
Adina: HOpe you feel better quick!
Kelli: That is weird weather in your forecast. Rain is good, though. Not so sure about cold. :)
Deb

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright, 77°(F)

Have been fighting w/my cell phone company for 2 days now. Now that the Closet Project is drawing to a close, I have started on the kitchen cabinets (this should occupy some "indoor" time).

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 43%
Wind: 90° (E) at 8mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.24in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 49°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 74°F
Dew Point: 52°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 76°
Wind Chill: 76°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 52°F
6hr High Temp: 74°F

Kiska – Your little moose looks very comfy relaxing in the garden!
Adina – I hope you start feeling better soon. Your daturas are very pretty!
Kelli! - :O Wow! That’s quite a cold snap you’re in! And rain to boot!! Let us know if you actually get any rain. We haven’t hit 70 in the morning yet, much less as a high!
Dyson – At least your house will be in order! How much longer will you be in therapy? Are you getting around okay? Is the pain getting better?

73.9 °F / 23 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 65 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 7.0 mph / 11 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 16.3 mph / 26 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 75 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2500 ft / 762 m
Overcast 3900 ft / 1188 m

Now
Through 730 PM...rain showers and isolated thunderstorms continue to move through most of northeast Florida. The heaviest activity was moving onshore between Jacksonville Beach and Flagler Beach. The showers were inland as far west as Interstate 75. This rainfall will continue to add to already saturated grounds...and localized flooding in low lying areas is possible. Additionally...wind gusts over 40 mph can be expected along the coastal areas. Also...expect dangerous lightning...heavy downpours... and strong gusty winds with thunderstorm activity. These storms will move southwest to west at 15 to 20 mph.

High surf advisory in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday...
Wind Advisory in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Windy. Showers developing with isolated thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows around 70 inland... in the lower 70s coast. Northeast winds 25 to 30 mph with brief gusts to 45 mph...decreasing to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

The bud now

Thumbnail by MySharona

Interesting cloud formation

Thumbnail by MySharona

Sidney - Do you have any idea what this vine is? I've posted threads on vines and climbers and plant id. So far nothing.

Thumbnail by MySharona

And - one more - Stadium flooding in Jax

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sharon, hip & knee in pain, more so when I have done too much that day (like today) I will slow down some tomorrow. Five days and back to UVA.

72°(F) Sun Setting.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Kiska......It looks like someone spray-painted the mountains. Your little moose has a taste for sweet-peas I see.

Joey......... I know a lot of scatter-brained people without any grandkids. You're probably just getting old. :-)

Kelli..........Hopefully your weird weather will bring you some rain.

Sharona...........Looks like plenty of rain down there. Are you still running a big deficit for the year?

Dyson.........Good to hear your recovery is progressing.

Low 70's here this evening with fairly low humidity. We're looking at fair skies, moderate temps and no rain until at least the middle of next week. I love this time of year!

Photo: Still lots of blooms here. Everything is green, green, green! The roof on the left is the new lean-to I recently added to the back of the garage. 12'x24'.......plenty of room for more gardening stuff.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Sep 19, 2007 8:30 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today it got to 87* and it was really humid. No breeze. Part of the front that came thru yesterday with the rain.

E_B – How lovely does your garden grow! LOL!! "Joey...You're probably just getting old. :-)" Cracked me up! I believe we were 9" short when the rain started. I recorded a little over 3" at my house. I live in what I call the East/Center area of the island. We're neither North nor South, but really close to the East side of the beach. The South end of the island got about 5", some areas of Jacksonville received over 8".

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=91616

75.7 °F / 24.3 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the ENE
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph / 11.1 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 75 °F / 24 °C
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 500 ft / 152 m
Overcast 1000 ft / 304 m

High surf advisory in effect until 8 am EDT this morning...

Now
Through 700 am...rain showers and isolated thunderstorms continue to move through most of northeast Florida. The heaviest activity extends from Cumberland Island and Saint Marys southwestward through the Suwannee Valley. This rainfall will be heavy at times...and will continue to add to already saturated grounds. Localized flooding in low lying areas is possible. Additionally...wind gusts over 40 mph can be expected along the coastal areas. Showers will move west to northwest at around 25 mph.

Today
Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

This buds a real teaser!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still Dark and waiting for "widely scattered intermittent light" 57°(F)

Relative Humidity: 90%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Pressure: 30.24in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 50°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 77°F
Dew Point: 51°
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 54°
Wind Chill: 54°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 58°F
6hr High Temp: 71°F

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! All! We have a temp of 52* & it should get up into the low 80's again. But we need rain! We're still below normal! :-O

E_B! LOL! I really did get a good laugh! :D I think I'm in denyal!(sp) I refuse to believe that I'm getting "old"! :D I'm getting Better! :D ~ Your new "lean-to" looks quite invitng w/all the Cleome's, Stone Crop, & Blackeyed Susan's! Really Nice! The perfect place for the lean-to! :D
Sharon, That bud has really got me in suspention! I know that you're on pins & needles waiting for it to open! Glad that you got some rain, but gee...that stadium is flooded! :-O
Dyson, take 'er easy. And do let us know how the UVA trip goes!
Kiska, that little fella is keeping an eye on you! :D And it Does look like he's picked out a real comfy spot to bed! :D
Kelli, Take care & stay warm! Sounds as if you're in for some nasty weather in the next couple of days! I love my sweats...have one on as I type...I really do prefer the cool...
Adina, I hope your cold doesn't last long, so you can chat more! :D Your Datura's are holding up really well in the cool temps! :D
Pati? Will you need to "batten down the hatches"? Keep taking those meds! I won't ask how you did it either, but it has to hurt! :-O
Thanks Marylyn! His name may change...I laughed at Emily yesterday....she's been calling him "little Buddy"! :D
Thanks, Deb. I really like the color of the Coreopsis...Fall color! :D

Well need to run...
Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

(just one more of 'little Buddy' snoozin')

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: I think your bud's just waiting for a sunny day. :)
Deb

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

What a sweetie you've got there, Joey. :-)

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on September 20, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
57 °F / 14 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: Calm

They're still calling for a 70% chance of rain for tomorrow, but right now there isn't a cloud in the sky.

Joey - Little Buddy is precious!
Dyson - I hope you are taking it easy today!
Deb - The anticipation is killing me!!

86.5 °F / 30 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 71 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 92 °F / 34 °C
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 800 ft / 243 m
Mostly Cloudy 1500 ft / 457 m
Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft / 792 m

Now
Through 1230 PM...isolated showers and thunderstorms continue to develop over northeast Florida. The showers are moving into areas near Jacksonville Airport...callahann...Hilliard...Macclenny...Taylor...Dowling Park and Lake City. Expect...gusty winds...dangerous lightning and heavy downpours with thunderstorm activity. The showers will move west to northwest at 15 to 25 mph.

The national weather service in jacksonville has issued a

.. Tornado warning for...
Northwestern nassau county in northeast florida

.. Until 100 pm edt

.. At 1207 pm edt...national weather service doppler radar indicated a
Severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado near Hilliard...
Moving northwest at 10 mph.

.. Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to
Hilliard.

Getting there!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi,guys ! Thanks for caring,I'm feeling much better today,but yesterday I was down,all day in bed,couldn't eat a thing and I felt like a truck hit me. I had a warm bath and drank a few gallons of tea with lemon and honey.And meds, of course!

Sharon, can you tell it will open up tomorrow?Interesting cloud. I just received an email with a similar cloud, but whiter...will post it here.

E_B,how beautiful flowers you have !

Joey,your little Buddy is so sweet,when can he come home?

Kiska, poor little moose,maybe he is lost !So nice of you to let him sleep over !

Deb, also dark here at 6:30!

Kelli,freezing in LA?!

Also very cold here,it's going to be 48 tomorrow morning and 68 at noon. Snowing on the mountains !

Another daturas from my garden.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

45*/rain/no wind/fog rising in front of Pioneer Peak; dull gray, but sure smells good w/heavy scent of fall.
Kelli - Sounds like that unexpected storm could cause all types of problems this time of year. Put on the fleece while you can:))
MySharona - wow; the stadium could make a great ice rink:) Has it flooded before? The blossom is huge; glad you made the comparison and now it's even more fun to see it begin to open to full size.
m2k~~ "little buddy" makes me wish for more grandkids:)) The youngest is now 3 and snuggles are harder to come by.
Dyson ~~ love your descriptive terms for light and dark:)) Kitchen cabinets next; what can we say, but, take it easy:))
E_B ~~ such a pretty yard, it's easy to see that you love spending time there.
Get Well soon, Adina~~~
Golden hillside.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

78°, Sunny.

Just figured out my well is starting to go dry - need rain! Someone please start dance'in, I can't right now. Well maybe I could hobble a little but it would not be pretty or very effective.

Relative Humidity: 52%
Wind: 150° (SSE) at 9mph
Pressure: 30.18in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 50°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 77°F
Dew Point: 59°
Ceiling: 4000ft
Heat Index: 79°
Wind Chill: 78°
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 57°F
6hr High Temp: 79°F

(Zone 5a)

Good evening

I'll have to make this short - I'm off to bed - but I enjoyed everyone's photos :-)

It rained quite a bit yesterday afternoon and was really windy last night. Not so bad this morning and it cleared up a bit this afternoon, even saw a bit of sun :-) Not sure what the high was, probably mid 40's. It's 41 now at 11 pm. Supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow too, then more rain and wind.

rannveig

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Dyson: Just chant. We'll dance for you.

We had a nice rainy day today instead of the 1 hour downpour. Hope it was able to really sink in.

Sharon: The anticipation is killing all of us! LOL
Adina: Very pretty datura.
Rann: Glad you got a little bit of sunshine!

Now, 77 and cloudy, scattered showers.
Here are some sandy petunias (from the rain) under the lantana.
Deb

This message was edited Sep 20, 2007 7:23 PM

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Adina – I’m glad you are felling better. Seems like you are over the worst part of the cold. I don’t know when it will fully bloom, y’all will be the first to know! I love your daturas – very pretty.
Kiska – I LOVE it – an ice skating rink! The only time the stadium floods is when Jax has days and days of rain. It started raining in Jax on Sunday and the rains got worse and worse. They had over 8” by the 2nd day. The rain abated last night. Fall is really showing it’s colors!
Dyson – I’m dancing as fast as I can! Come on Deb and Joey – let’s get dancing!
Rann – Good Night…seems kind of early for you (in my time zone!). I hope you get some good rest tonight.
Deb – Very pretty picture of the petunias and lantana!

79.7 °F / 26.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 74 °F / 23 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 84 °F / 29 °C
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1800 ft / 548 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft

Tonight
Partly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Well, we are back in the warm groove. My car read 90 this afternoon. :( I was really loving the cooler temps even if it included rain and wind. The rain we received was a great "soaker". Not much standing water in our area.

my three buds!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark now, 71°(F), it does seem to be cooling off as fast as the last few nights
BTW what does a rain chant sound like?

Dyson - While dancing in a circle and patting your open mouth to the beat - it goes like this:

huyuhuyahuayhuayahuayahuayahuayu!!!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2007 8:44 PM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

LOL! Dyson, Want me to send you some NA music? Or better yet, just call me on the phone & I'll play it for you! :D

It was a beautiful day today w/a high of 80* & at the moment it's 68*.

Thanks everybody...little Buddy has been laughed at all afternoon. :D He is making the funniest faces! And what makes them so funny is that he is asleep! He has been making a popping sound w/ his lips...I guess he's dreaming of eating! :D
Sharon, that bloom (bud) is Huge ! As Emily says..."we're just hangin' out" waiting! :D
Deb, You 'tunias' & Lantana make a great color combo! :D
Rann, glad you got some rain...
Kiska, What a great golden color! against that perfect blue sky! :-O
Adina, I'm hoping since "little Buddy's" blood work has been good for 3 days that he'll get to come home Saturday, but we won't know until then. Your Daturas are gorgeous! Do they like your chilly weather?
Thanks Kelli...Sweetie is a good word, but I never thought that being "Grammy Joey" (one of Garrett's friends has already given me a nickname) would feel quite like this....no words to describe how I feel about that little fella. (beaming) :D

Well, Dyson call me! ;) I have it playing on the "puter". :D

Have a Great Evening! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 3b)

Laptop up and running again so will try it out this evening.
45*/rain stopped and sun came out between the cloud cover.
Sunset was at 8:09 with light till 8:45.
The descriptive rain chant was great, MySharona; Dyson, what do you think/give it a try or call m2k?
"little buddy" looks beautiful; I can only imagine how sweet those faces/sounds were, Music2Keep.
June of this summer/Hatcher Pass.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DysonneeeedsraiiinnnnninnnnMonetttttaaaaaVAAAAA!!!
GrammyJoey!! – I love it! LOL! Little Buddy has a beautiful head full of blond locks! When does he get to go home?
Kiska – That’s a pretty picture!

74.8 °F / 23 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/h
Wind Gust: 10.1 mph / 16 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m
Mostly Cloudy 12000 ft / 3657 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Well, Dyson, I think it backfired - We are getting the rain! As you can see I changed the rain chant! Hopefully you will get some rain now! I woke up around 3:00 this morning to thunder and lightening and rain. Very loud booms and intermittant heavy downpours.

Callie snuggling in.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Okay - I HAD to run outside in the rain to check on the bud! Here's an update!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'!Ther temp is pretty warm for this time of year...62* & not so Dyson Dark.

LOL! Sharon! You are funny! :D ~ Callie looks rather cozy! :D We're hoping he gets to come home tomorrow, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow what the Dr. says...
Dyson, you didn't call!, but I guess you figured what was the point? We're not forcast to get rain until next Wed., but I pray we get it before then! I'm fortunate in that we have town water (1st one on the line), well...we have 4 wells for the town system & it supplies the entire lower portion of the county.
Kiska, The water sure looks refreshing! :D

Have a Great Day! Everybody!:D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Widely intermittent scattered light (I would rather have Sharon's intermittent rain) 63°(F).

Relative Humidity: 80%
Wind: 10° (N) at 3mph
Pressure: 30.18in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 53°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 80°F
Dew Point: 58°
Ceiling: 2800ft
Heat Index: 64°
Wind Chill: 64°
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 67°F
6hr High Temp: 73°F

Dyson - I'm still dancin and chantin!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's gloriously sunny, just a very light breeze and 45°F :-) Wonderful!! I have to tidy up a bit inside them I'm headed outside to plant some bulbs :-) Hope the sunshine lasts into the afternoon ...... Mt. Esja has been lost in clouds for many, many days - it's out of the clouds now and has a slight dusting of snow on it's top. There was a mild feeze last night - had to get the window scrapers out this morning ........ but it's sunny so I didn't mind one bit :-)

Great photos all!
LOL - Sharon - well it was past my bedtime ;-) I did sleep well thank you - just wished this morning that I didn't have to get up just yet ;-) lol Can't wait to see the bud open - it's HUGE!!! :-)

Grammy Joey - JW is so precious :-) I'm so glad that he's recovering well from the infection :-)

Kiska - beautiful photos :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

rannveig

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gonna be a scorcher here. No rain til Monday.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! It's under 70° for the first time since early last spring! I'm going to go around and open the windows - at least until it starts getting hot again. It's going to be 92° by this afternoon. There is a stray kitten that has adopted our house. I think it (and a dozen or so other mostly-orange cats that wander through fairly frequently) belong to some people around the corner, and it obviously gets handled a lot and fed regularly.. it's very friendly and healthy looking. Every morning when we go out to meet the school bus, it is there asking to be petted; and when the big bunny and I come back in the house, it tries to come with us. It's out there now, meowing at me through the open window. Good thing we have a screen! LOL

Grammy Joey, JW/Little Buddy is SO sweet! I'm praying that his blood work continues to come out well and he gets to come home tomorrow. Did he have jaundice?

Oooo, that bud is coming, Sharon! I would have gone out in the rain to check on it, too! :-) I'm sure glad the winds you all had this week didn't knock it off. What an anticlimax that would have been!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (46 min ago)
Temperature 67 °F 19 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 29.98 in 1015.3 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir N 350°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 66.0°F / 18.9°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 70.0°F / 21.1°C

This message was edited Sep 21, 2007 7:57 AM