Part 2...HOW TO - Make faux sea glass

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

If you missed Part 1, just click here for a bit of 'archived' reading:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/761052/

Hello, everyone! Glad you joined the thread!

Carrying on from our last thread, a few new folks joined, with KBJ
last discussing her son's school project.

Quoting:
Wuvie: I cannot thank you enough for your post on "faux sea glass". I am an avid sea glass collector and so is my 13 year old son. We have a home in NC and do a lot of searching when we can get there. My son has decided to do his 7th grade science project on "sea glass" and if "man can make what nature produces". He is going to use several different sands/abrasives and will be comparing what he produces versus what is produced in natural water areas. Your post gives vivid detail on how to do this. In fact, we got the rock tumbler at harbor freight last night! It's on the website for $19.99 but is in the store for $29.99 and they told me to bring in the online ad and they would refund me. Any other thoughts/posts on what other material to use to produce that totally frosted appearance? What about that silicone that I have seen? I love your idea about going to thrift stores/yard sales for "glass". Looking forward to sharing our progress, many thanks again.
PS: I LOVE that blue glass that you posted. It's simply beautiful.

I'll be back in just a moment to respond to this post, have to close the other thread. :-)

Thumbnail by WUVIE
This thread has 115 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!