over wintering geranium?

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Can I over winter my geranium? I have never grown any before this year and I really like this one. I didin't know if I could pot it and keep it in the house for the winter?

Thumbnail by sjweld
Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Here is a photo of a little more of the plant:

Thumbnail by sjweld
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

People do it all the time. I was just going to ask the same question. Only one I've overwintered was one that was already rooted.
:) Donna

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

yes you can over winter

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Yeah!! Thank you for helping me out with your answers. I am going to bring this one in for the winter then. That is if our frost last night didn't get it. Oh I hope not. I covered a few other plants I wasn't ready to loose but forgot all about this one one the other side of the house. I know we did get the frost-car windows had to be scraped in the early morning hours. Maybe with it being close to the house it will be okay.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

dig it up and bring it in...and or cover till you do:)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Just found a really good instructional site:

http://www.akrongardenclub.org/PropagatingPelargoniumsGeraniums.htm

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pg....thanks for the links....i am having an awful time with my geraniums....seems they are alota wood stems and few green; do you know a solution? i am wondering if i should scrap these and start all over...

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Can you take a picture to show us?

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

will do it when i get home...thanks:)

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

well I went out today and bought some planters to put my geraniums into. We are suppose to have pretty nice weather again this week so I will work on getting them dug and into the house by the end of the week. I will also read through your links above, PG, before I get too busy. Thanks!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.