Blooms for 9-12-07

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Here's my first for the day - a good Celia! YAY!! This thing reacted very well to the Ortho Bug-B-Gone. Now I've got buds galore!

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

And here's the Schizo, drooping into my Ruellia Brittoniana 'Katie' after all of the rain we had overnight.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Grrrr - I wish my camera didn't fog up so much!!! It's soooo humid out here that it's hard for me to get any good pics!!

Here is a Double Peach promise!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Amanda,
Very nice and love the Skitzo!!! Hows the weather there? Basically flooded here!!! My garage has about 3" of water standing in it. It really makes me glad to have a pier & beam home and a 4wd vehicle!!! I have not seen it this bad in a while.

Robert

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Robert! I'm kind of dissapointed I didn't get any more pics of anything intriguing but hey, that's ok I guess. The colors on my camera are a tad off on the Schizo (a little blue), and I didn't have the time for Photoshoping them this morning so ... oh well. I'm REALLY proud of the doubles. I'd never heard of thrips until I joined DG. Without DG, I'd be at home tossing those perfectly fine plants because the buds kept falling off. Now I'm so excited that a tiny dose of inexpensive Ortho has made the blooms come back on again!! I think I'll treat them with this stuff every month or so just to be sure. Ever since I've been putting these flowering plants in my backyard (most of which are hibiscus, of COURSE!!), I've had more bugs and more WEIRDLY UNIQUE bugs than you can imagine. :)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sounds like you are about to get even more rain Robert. Keep yourself and those hibiscus high and dry.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Yeah really. We're going to be doused tonight, Robert!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ardesia,
That is very thoughtful of you and thank you. We have been working for the last 5 hours battening down the hatches. Rolling sides on the greenhouses and securing hundreds of my babies. Hopefully all will be well, but I am definitely in for a long night. I had a few that stood out in the crowd for me today so I was able to get a couple of PICS.
I'll start with Cajun Princess

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Oooooh, pretty!

Robert - you're so lucky to have a GH ... just moved some potted plants to the garage in prep. for the 50+ mph winds. But ... I really don't know what to expect from my Brugs and my Schizos. I guess we'll find out in the morning. Grrrr!

I hope yours are all safe!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Be Careful Amanda it may get rough. I have your babies safe and inside so nothing to worry about, they are not in harms way!!! Next is Floral Fantasy

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Next is Cajun Cocktail

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

It's abuot time for Molten Lava. I've been waiting forever for this one!!!

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

And here is Love Bite

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

And Heartbeat

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Bonjour

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooo - pretty pics!

Well, I appreciate you saving my hibbies! Although that's not the only reason I was showing concern. :) With the rain we've already gotten the last few days, the ground is pretty saturated so I'm thinking it won't soak in much of the new rain. Oh well, we may worry for nothing, but that would be only a blessing!

I don't know what it is about magenta pink and me but WOW I like your Heartbeat! And Floral Fantasy!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

And a few assorted from over the weekend

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Amanda,
And now for another side of the assortment

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

And the rest of the assortment. It made a beautiful centerpiece!!!

Good luck to all in southeast texas tonight. Hopefully it will just blow through and leave us alone.

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooooooooooo - you know Robert - one stands out more than the rest! NR!

(Zone 11)

Great Pictures!

I hope you weather the storm with no problems.
Let us know how you make out ....

Dave

Hooks, TX

Robert,
Your hibiscus bloom are soooo beautiful! How many of them are hardy? Do you collect seeds from them? If so, I would love to be placed on your list to receive a few of them.

Thanks for considering this request (begging????),

Louise

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Robert and Amanda,
I was at work, and had no idea a hurricane was heading your way.
Please be safe, both of you!
Cat

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I want to add my best wishes for you guys tonight. I sure hope the storm doesn't cause any of you damage. I hope it is over soon!!

Amanda, I just love your second picture. So pretty. And Robert, I now have your Cajun Princess on my must have list. You are so lucky to be able to make your hobby into a business and have so much fun doing it! Your 2 centerpieces are a beautiful sight!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys are weathering the storm OK!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you guys for your concern! Alas, even though we were forecasted to get blasted last ngiht and this morning here in the Houston area, it didn't happen. Instead, the storm took a turn towards Beaumont, which only left us with some light rain. BUT, it put Robert directly into it's path and I've not been hearing good tales about the destruction on Beaumont. Hope you're doing alright Robert! Let us know!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm keeping positive thoughts going for Robert . . . . . and await a word he's okay... he IS taking care of Amanda's hibiscus and ALL the ones we'll buy from him! I'm LOVING that Floral Fantasy and Cajun Princess....
Amanda, there's another schizo bloom, LOVELY! ... here is a pic of my plant, just had the one bloom toward the bottom of the plant when it was about a foot and a half tall back in June. What am I doing wrong? Or not doing? (if ya say patience..... I'm trying)

Thumbnail by AuntB
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your concern. I really appreciate it. We made it!!! What a freak hurricane. Very unexpected!!! I think this was the fastest develop and strike in history. We expected 50 mph winds and ended up with gust of 110. All of my hibs made it. At 3:30 am I was loading up my box trailer with hibiscus.Very comical but painful with the winds and debris flying. Thankfully I did it because the GH went to kansas with dorthy & toto, oh wait that was a tornado LOL. We are powering now with back-up generators until we get service again. they are estimating the by the 18th. Oh well I am glad that I spend half of my days in the gh because I am used to the heat. Thankfully It did not effect the construction of my new GH's whatsoever. It was amazing at about 4:30 it was dead calm because the eye was passing but then a little later here we go again. Thankfully we just had some trees go down and just slight damage to the house. Well, I need to get going with the chainsaw but wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I will get back with everyone later.

Sincerely,
Robert

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW, AuntB - yours is growing GREAT!! Mine doesn't have as many limbs since I'm trying to let it grow tree-like. However, mine is about that tall and putting out blooms. I do notice that the ends of your limbs are pointing upwards still, so maybe they're not ready to bloom? Mine curve downward. I'm such a novice that I don't know how to helpyou more specifically on this except to say just wait? I'll take a pic of mine so that you can see what I'm talking about this evening or tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I'm especially glad Robert is safe!! :)

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

AuntB - upon further inspection I'm just curious - when was the last time you repotted? From the size of the roots on mine, I'd venture to say you may possibly need a larger pot? Could that be it?

Robert, thanks for taking the time to check in. Glad to hear you and yours are OK.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm glad you are okay Robert. That was a strange storm. By the way...everyone's pictures are great. I haven't had time to get the camera out for a day or two.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Here I am on the thread a day late and dollar short, lol! I wasn't online last night so I didn't get to put up my pictures. Robert & Amanda, I didn't even realize there was a hurricane headed your way. I'm SO glad you are both okay - Robert it sounds like you have a bit of a mess, but thank goodness you and your house are alright.

Amanda, love that Schizo picture. Robert, some WOW new ones - I MUST add Floral Fantasy, Cajun Cocktail and especially Cajun Princess to my very long list. Your Molten Lava is looking good too!

First 9/12 bloom is Tangerine Dream.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Cajun Blue.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Voodoo Magic had a really different look than usual on 9/12.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Last one for me is Bluebird, which had two. I'm liking the bloom better this time, and I think that if I had seen it during the day, it would have been even prettier.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous Voodoo bloom--I love the colors in that one!

Your Tangerine Dream is different every time, I love it.

Ardesia, it is a cool one. I'm always excited to see how much of which color will be showing more! Voodoo too, this was a really unusual bloom, and I think the softer colors with a lot of the center purple are pretty.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm echoing the others! Wow on Voodoo!! And thank you for your concern. Poor Robert - I can only imagine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.