Old Farmers Almanac Predictions

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

They have released their predictions for 2008. Here's a link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20476290/ Snow cover is good for the garden but not for the heating bills. The summer prediction doesn't thrill me at all. Should not have put Old in opening subject. This is the Farmers' Almanac predictions, I always get them mixed up. :)

This message was edited Sep 12, 2007 9:22 AM

They said something on TV about the year of the "8"s. 1998 was the hottest. Then the coldest winter had an 8. etc. I like it hot but not humid.

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

ngam- I guess we have our choice of what kind of weather we want by picking our forecast.
The OLD Farmer's Almanac came out today and they said we will have the warmest winter on record, and plenty of snow. LOL

That is what I heard on TV, didn't dare to say nothing. Still it all had to do with 8's

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Interesting. Never heard about the 8 thing.
A lot of people are into numbers, but I have to say I don't know anything about it. Stuff like that is very interesting to hear about though.
I know someone who adds numbers up to see what they are before choosing things like a pin number.
Maybe 2008 will be our lucky garden year. ;)

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hmm, maybe that has something to do with the weather channel doing the weather on the eights... :~)

Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

Now that you mention this, I think the big blizzard that closed my school for two whole weeks was in '78. There might be something to this 8's thing.

Rose

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

About as accurate as somebody's Lumbago!

Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

With the accuracy of our weather reports around here, some-one's Lumbago might be a better bet. LOL

They actually do a pretty good job with the weather reports in my area, just sometimes they are so far off, I wonder if they even look outside.

Rose

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Does anyone remember the woolly worm prediction? When I was a kid the size of the band around the middle told you how bad winter was going to be.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I only learned that one recently.

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

That's probably because you're not as old as some of us. LOL

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I heard one today from a woman that cleans homes. She's finding lots of spiders in the houses she cleans which she says is indicative of the oncoming winter. She predicts an early and cold winter.

(Zone 4a)

I head we are getting a lot more snow than usual but then again we normally get a lot of snow so what the heck is a few more feet LOL LOL It isn't like us Northern Canadians can't deal with it....LOL Hell we have now safely learned to drive through erratic snow storms. Not much hold us back LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.