Back to basics :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

We live outside the "city" for sure. Another power outage today...it was a longer one than we thought. Must have happened very early as I leave for work around 5:30 am.

When you live in the sticks, a power outage on well/septic means aside from no electricity, there's no water and that means lots of stuff ;) One flush - yup, that's all there is. In the heat we're facing that's yukky :(

On the good side, our pantry is full of tons of stuff to eat and enjoy. I know we've all discussed this before, but just how sustainable are you? What if you had no power to flush or to shower or bathe or to water the animals, or wash dishes or do laundry, etc. Just how would y'all get along? I'm not talking total disaster like Katrina, etc, caused - just how the everyday life you encounter would change for a day or two.

Sitting in my bio-diesel powered truck on the battery, just wondering how everyone in reality reacts to the reality of "nothing" :) I'll provide my list a bit later as it's super hot out here even still this evening :)

This thread has 150 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!