wanted:fall advice for central MA

Boston, MA

In Worcester area: should / can I (1) move echinaceas (2) refresh and move Monardas. thanks

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Should be no problem.

Boston, MA

thanks - and forgot what about rudbeckias

Same.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Jimbo ...

I see that you are a new member. Let me take a moment and say 'welcome'!!!

Boston, MA

thanks - garden in two areas: Lancaster MA (shade essentially) and Fenway Boston (the fromer Victory Gardens) [full sun, floods, rats] {I don't get the prime spots because I am not as careful about weeds as might be}

Nice! Gardening at Fenway. My granddaughter would be so jealous. What, if anything, grows among full sun, floods, and rats? (I assume the rats wear pinstripes and are from NY?)

Boston, MA

eupatorium, physosteigia, brunnera, dahlias, thrive in the summer, yes pinstripes

Thanks for the ideas, jimbo. I will do some research on these kinds of plantings. Because you brought them up, they sound very interesting to me.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I love Boston!! I am from NY and I am a Red Sox fan. Sorry guys. My daughter had cancer at the age of 13 and we went to Boston Children's and Dana-Farber for treatment every 2 weeks. What the Red Sox did for the kids at the Jimmy Fund made me a fan!! She has been in remission for 4 years now, thank God! Talking about Fenway made me think of it. Fenway is within walking distance of the hospital and we use to watch the games out the hospital windows.

Glad to hear that she's in remission! That's a miracle, for sure.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

She is doing fine. We watch it close but all seems well. And as usual good came out of bad.

Great news Debby.

Boston, MA

glad to hear that daughter is doing well now - and thanks for all those good things said about Boston

one thing about the wet ground: a brunnera languished and disappeared - thought that odd ???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.