April/May showers bring..........

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Summer flowers! Here is heavy rainfall at the beginning of our growing season...... (4 inches in the gauge after this one) Hope this brings rains to those who need it.....

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

The next 2 pics are from last month (Aug).... here's my tropical hibiscus, ....what a transformation!

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

And now to the left of the hibiscus (I put the hibiscus there for optimal sun exposure AND cause I can enjoy the blooms from inside-looking out the French doors.) This is mostly morning glories, but there is passionvine in there somewhere, and moonvine and brugmansia behind it all... I've put up additional support for the morning glories since this photo- they are turning into a monster.....

Thumbnail by AuntB
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Wow!! My garden looks ragged right now. lol. Yours looks gorgeous!! More pics please!!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, I like one of the deck's lattice wood...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thank you Amanda, but, these were taken in August, everything is bigger now and in a couple weeks, it will look like a cyclone hit... you know the drill, trim it back, dig it up, line em' up and then once the frost warning is forecast bring em all in...... then, move em back out if we get a nice stretch of weather and then back in for a frost warning.... (sad thinking about it) lol Let me see what I got that's presentable..... hummers like it

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

The deck has been there for 18 years. My ex BF jacked it up last summer because of settling over the years and I need to have it done again.....I have replaced the lattice 2 or 3 times... Sweet Pea likes my new fountain!

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Here's more lattice, Anna. I let my passionvines summer there. Although they need more sun, but the morning glories kind of took over the other side with the most sun. I added some big bambo 6 ft lengths I picked up at Hobby Lobby (3/$5.00- regular $15) and in 2 weeks the mg's were to the top of those.

Thumbnail by AuntB
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That fountain is really cute!! And so is Sweet Pea.

My garden is a little ragged this year. Alot of our wildflowers decided not to come back and my ferns died on me so I have several spots that are just weeds. I plan on taking care of some of the spaces when we have the plant sale and others when I can get native plants and seeds in the spring.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I love your patio AuntB. Is Sweet Pea outside? How do you keep him from flying away? Love that new fountain of yours.

We also had lots of needed rain. I think the ground is soft enuf to start digging up and getting some new beds ready for fall. I think I lost my potted hardy hibiscus from too much water. Boo Hoo...it was the star of my patio containers and I was looking forward to planting it.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thank You. I think the late spring freeze affected more than we realized... no iris blooms this year and my hydrangea tree has one lone bloom...... the fountain was my therapy gift ... to myself. lol I bought it after I broke off with my man. It helped me through a painful time. AH! I feel better!! Sweet Pea is 3, wings are clipped a couple times a year. I say "her"... I am going to have Sweet Pea sexed when I take her/him in for him/her fall clipping. She/he is a sweet/onery bird and I spoil him/her. But by taking him places outside her normal environment, it develops our mutual trust/bond. He enjoys cuddling under my down throw in the evening on my lap and then I put her to bed. I can bring some cuttings to the RU for you, if you want to root them over winter, Rose? What kind/color did you lose? I dread starting the Fall Plant parade to the basement, but it IS going to freeze at some point!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh AuntB....I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. The hibiscus that I lost was one of those hardy ones with the white saucer sized blooms. I plan on bringing in all the tropicals but had hoped to get some hardys onesin the ground this fall. I just read the tropicals make nice houseplants in the winter. I hope that is true. And yes I hope to trade more hibiscus at our RU...I can't hardly wait to meet all of you.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, Rose. I have the hardy red ones, but not white... hardys will start from seed. Tropical ones from cuttings or grafting..... I will see what I have as far as seed and bring some tropical cuttings... Rose, I keep most of my tender plants in my basement over winter, kind of in a semi-dormant state... I lose a few sometimes, the younger ones that need more grow time are upstairs with me and the kids, (gets kinda crampy feeling by Feb), and I keep some at work. I wish I had access to some old store front windows to grow them in winter, but I don't... my big dream is a heated greenhouse. Enjoy your trip - the RU will be here before we know it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.