Breakfast on the beach this morning....

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

The kids last morning on Maui before flying back to Az so we opted for an early morning snorkle....

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom

Ohhh how beautiful!!!!
Do you have white pointers there?....nothing can be that perfect :)

No, no white pointers that I have heard about thank goodness! We have mostly white tips, black tips and the beastly tigers. On that particular beach we saw a 4ft tiger in hunting mode just behind our daughter and one of our grandchildren. Frank dashed into the water and got between the kids and the shark and I climbed the lava to watch where it went, luckily it didn't feel like sampling anyones legs, and swam away. This area is known as Turtle Town and the kids love it.

So do the turtles lay their eggs there too? wow?
Not too crazy about Tigers .......whew!
most of our beaches are netted up.....due to the wp's but that is only the popular ones....we have hammerheads and grey nurse as well......but if you swim anywhere else ......gotta keep watch....dogs are forbidden on our beaches because they draw the sharks in.That is one beautiful beach!

Thanks Chrissy, it is one of quite a few small bays we have in our area, that is why we live here (my husband is a beach freak). I would rather live in a more rainy less hot area myself, but having the beaches so close keeps him "off the streets and out of the bars" !

Turtles do lay their eggs on the beaches and we have a turtle watch when some of the more endangered species make a nest. The area is roped off, and when hatching is due the call goes out we take it in turn to nest sit so that when the hatchlings emerge the barriers are taken down and the babies are "encouraged" to head for the ocean. We are not supposed to interfere in any way but two lines of people make a path in the right direction to the ocean. It is a wonderful sight, always at night under a bright full moon. A few of the babies are tagged by the fish and game people in order to do scientific research as to where they go until they are mature enough to come ashore and make their nests.

Only a couple of months to go before the whales arrive!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

So beautiful Jenny! Love the turtle watch! Keep it up!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Jenny...I envy you there!!!

Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.