Roman Shades?

Tucson, AZ

I'm getting ready to make some huge roman shades for our mid-century modern home. It has floor-to-ceiling windows throughout that are not insulated so I'm going to make insulated roman shades for this purpose. I used to sew a lot when I was a teenager but haven't been doing much sewing lately to this project seems a bit intimidating. I have been to the website called Make-Roman-Shades.com and am impressed by what I see there. You can put in your measurements and they'll tell you all the tools and supplies you'll need for the project.

Has anyone out there ever made roman shades? If so, did you use some sort of insulating fabric? I want the shades to be insulating but not too heavy and thick to work properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Momherb

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!