Passionflower Vine

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Another view

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Fall Clematis
Been waiting all year for this.
This is a pretty long vine growing on a chainlink fence. It comes around from the left of photo, turns 90 degrees with the fence, runs along the green structure (neighbor's garage) and half way the length of the trailor in front of it.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

The from the left part (in above post).

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Close up.

Thumbnail by jmorth

Ah! Paradise!
You did a fine job!
Beautiful!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hi I am new to this forum. I did not know I had clemetis until I saw this thread. I just knew it smelled great and is very pretty. It grows wildly in my woods and next to my deck. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some more of this wonderful flower!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

And the last...

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

JMorth, beautiful flowers and foliage.

Maggie, great Clematis

Jackie

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jackie!

Victoria BC, Canada(Zone 9a)

Maggie.... such gorgeous blooms!

That clematis is just stunning.

Bea

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! The Clematis takes the cake!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The placement of these beautiful vigorous vines is crucial, I'm facing the task of taking them down this winter! Do I've any volunteers to help? lol.
Jmorth, great placement of those vines. Love those gloriosas always. When in your zone, will you move yours indoor?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

You've got a pretty nice clematis yourself there.
Here's another campsis night shot.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I moved quite a few pots and containers into the garage tonight as there's a chance for scattered frost. Usually they're moved into the basement next month.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

As you probably have noticed, this summer was my 1st try on Gloriosa, I've enjoyed it emmensly. I've learned a great deal from your skillful hands of raising them. Thanks.

Pepper vines; one of the birds' souvenirs to add color in the woodland garden.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Lily_love,
Did the gloriosa's meet your expectations?
J

Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh they're jewels!!! Absolutely, and more. Here in my zone, they're still green. So I'll wait a tad longer before I move them indoor. :-)

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily love............that sure is a pretty gloriosa! What will you do with it in winter? Does it die back and resprout in the spring?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Mommum; Let's me tell you; your screen name is hard to pronounce. lol. That asides; I'm planning on depotting them. Clean off all dirt, and keep the tubers in dried peat moss. Keep them in dried cool, dark area until time to repot and bring them back outdoor next spring after danger of frost. Jmorth is THE one that has lots of experience with these tubers. More likely you'll learn much more how to successfully keep these beauties. This was my first try on Gloriosas, and I'm finding myself wanting more.

Thanks Lily love I will try to do the same.
Think of a little tyke trying to say mom for the first time and when they really want something now, its mom.. mom..mom all blurred together... get the idea? That's where it came from my first son who is now already 13 spells it mum.

Bea

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

For those of us, on zone 7+, this vine could be an asset. jmorth; even in your zone, they perhaps would do well, if mulch very carefully? I grow these as herbacious perrenial in mine.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It's none other than the Blue Sky Vine....

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ooops; sorry, this should be classified under Falls' flowering vine. For usually they don't bloom until later in the season. It's just early this year due to the severe drought we had (in SE USA).

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love the sky vine. Wish it was more of a summer blooming vine.

Jackie

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Pat;
This year, August 1st marked the first bloom of my vine. The buds were formed earlier on during the season. Give and take, it bloom and yields flowers 3 months in advance this year.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

That is a neat vine Lily_love but I have reservations about growing it outside up here.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I understand, jmorth, the winter there is long and snowcover. It's a tropical, I'm lucky to have enjoyed it here.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.