Anyone else using bathroom fixtures for planter containers?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

This was my first attempt at a bowling ball and at mosaicing, the pieces that look like they are black are actually mirror. I never did seal it so, it stays in the house mostly.

Thumbnail by AuntB
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

AuntB ~ love the mosaic look. Could that be done on a piece of porcelain???
BTW,

Quoting:
Newer ones use less water.
does this mean if I plant in a newer john the plants will need less water? lol : ))

I hadn't seen orange fixtures either but then I hadn't ever seen robins egg blue...

Back in the 60's do you remember all the trendy colors of applicance and plumbing fixtures.. Everything in the house would match. I have seen them in turquoise, pink, gold and avocado green.... Woo woo...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thanks Pod, I think it can be done on porcelain, what are you thinking about?? Covering your beautiful blue up? No!!! ROFLMBO! Yes, it means you don't need to water as often on the newer toitey! LOL 60's 70's? Burnt Orange, Harvest Gold, Avocado Green (worked in the appliance dept at K-mart in 1974) and SHAG carpet- groovy, man!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm procrastinating today, I found this surfin' around in DG... it's a 2 toned tank and potty. Podster, you remember...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=2546805
(hope that works, don't know if I can find it again)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

oh man Aunt B, THANKS, that was great. i do believe painting the whole thing that bright yellow would have been even better. guess i now know what i'm doing with OUR toliet when it gets replaced this year!! Too cool!!! i'll bet the park manager where we rent our lot ( for our purchased mobile home) will have a fit!!! almost worth doing it just to see him FREAK out again!!! he loves to TRY to boss me around. he has just about given up on that now that he figured out i don't frighten easy! lol sorry about punctuation, my i'm using my husband's pc and the keyboard needs replacing.
pat

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod do you still have this container...if so you need to ship it to crosbyton or tell me your address so i can come and take it .....grin:)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=2542665

AuntB ~ I loved that painted pottie! I really like the texture on the tank and need to contact Sedum to see how it is done.

What are y'all doing dredging up that fun thread from last year?

Psychw2 ~ should you have the opportunity to decorate the commode, please post a photo? Of the managers face too? : ))

Soooo ~ Sticks how's the arm? Any improvement? ~ I hope. And tell me ~ just what would you do with that container? I mentioned earlier that I only look at things with plants in mind...
This one was a dollar ~ it is like a grain scoop with holes, I lined it with sphagnum moss and planted it with Scutellaria parvula michx... Are you convinced I am quirky yet?????

Thumbnail by podster
Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Oh my gosh my first thought was NOOOO don't cover up that sink as a planter---install it in the house---that is REALLY nice looking sink basin!

I would be to embarrassed to use a toilet as a planter but better that than a landfill. My HOA yeah they wouldn't allow that here.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod...i am better...get stiches out on monday...the arm seems scarily good ; it took this old bod a gillion years to start feeling normal tho.....; my sense of taste and apetite are different....had no energy ...getting some back (finally)...;

i like the planter above...but i like the other one i dredged up from years past the best.....

The sink was a little rough but I agree ~ I thought many times before I planted it if you are looking at the decorated sink. I tried to leave some visible when planting and there is a Huernia that is growing beyond reason. I will need to remove it...

Incidentally ~ I think it was Gymgirl that has one full of ferns. You can hardly see the commode. What an HOA don't know won't hurt 'em... lol

AuntB ~ no I wouldn't want to cover the bidet. But it could disguise a cheesy looking commode...

Sticks glad the arm is bionic but DO NOT GET ON ANOTHER LADDER! Seriously if it feels good, you will want to overdo please don't....

Edited to add ~ you never did tell me what you would do with that plumbers tray?

This message was edited Sep 15, 2007 9:55 PM

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

are you serious that is it a plumbers tray? i would use it maybe to put silverware in, or organize paint brushes in; or put gardening tools in.......or the routine answer would be to put plants in it!!!! i have my little antique search coming up and i shall be on the lookout for something like that....it is too cute for words:)

It was a plumbers tray ~ rusty and nasty. It really compliments my bidet and sink theme.

It is homemade vintage but homemade. So of course what else would it be good for... to put plants in natch.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

so do you think someone made it?....not manufactured that way?

Sticks ~ it is definitely homemade. But older. It was just someone making do with what they had. I have always been attracted to "primitive" so I'm just not sure I'm ready to part with it... Can I leave it to you in my will ~ LOL

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

oh please do.....(grin)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.