Anyone else using bathroom fixtures for planter containers?

Pain, my face hurts from laughing.

Quoting:
Am I alone with this plumbing planter penchant?
Any water "closet" planters out there?
Please don't make me feel insecure.... lol
I guess you aren't alone.

I had to literally get on my husband's lap top to see the photos and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

For what it's worth, my son thinks all of the planted toilets and the bidet are beautiful works of art. I had to explain to him what a bidet was since we don't have one and the one time we had a hotel that had one, the kids floated little tiny plastic boats in it and dropped their parasols from their kiddie cocktails in it.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

This was one of the links where I was flushed with great ideas. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/630274/

Bidets would be a cool kids pool... low to the ground too.

Must admit I am relieved to have come out of the "water' closet... lol

BTW, hope you didn't damage your husbands laptop when you got ON IT! Your son is MY KIND of GUY! Toilet humor and taste...

Incidentally Eq you can see I am not much on cleaning my toilet. Now where did you put that thread?

I have no idea where that toilet bowl scrubbing demo thread that I started went. I went and looked under the threads I started under my info and it's gone. I searched using the word toilet and checked all hundred and some threads and I can't find the darn thing. Rats, I put so much effort into posting all those photos.

In answer to your question, I thought it was in the Mid South Gardening Forum. I'm at a loss, can't figure out where the heck that thread went.

You try to find it, I've never been good with a search engine so maybe it's me screwing up somehow. I would actually like to find it so I could send it to my aunt.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

This is the first time I have actually seen high-heeled sneakers, but there WAS a song called "Hi Heeled Sneakers". Here are the lyrics as performed by the Grateful Dead:

"Put on your red dress baby 'cause we're going out tonight
Put on your red dress baby 'cause we're going out tonight
Better wear your boxing gloves in case some fool might wanna fight

Put on your high heeled sneakers and put your wig hat on your head
Put on your high heeled sneakers and put your wig hat on your head
May not win a prize, I'm pretty sure you're gonna knock them dead

Better wear your boxing gloves in case some fool might wanna fight"

THAT's IT! Thanks Woofie ~ couldn't put my finger on it.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I live to serve. ;-)

Hey Equilibrium, the toilet bowl cleaning demo is in this thread:

Wildlife Gardening: What kind of bird is this?

I don't know how to attach a hyperlink, but you should be able to track this down.

Yay Woofie! I never was good with search engines. I'll go check it out right away. Thank you so much! Be back!

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

?

Thumbnail by ginger749

Gonna make me run to my husband's laptop again now!

Be back!

And the Aussies come in with their finest porcelain and whoop the Americans. Oh my word is about all I can say!

How come they aren't planted?

Here's the link to the toilet bowl scrubbing demo-
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/706582/

Thanks again for finding that woofie!

It's a Lavatree , not a Plant tree .

No waiting for sure!

That's that Aussie accent with the British inflection ~

Ginger how do you find this lavatree humor... these threads must be a magnet LOL.

Just bored I guess .

Our big He-Man is bored? Oh my, how'd that happen? Aren't we women enough sport for you?

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

I really love the Lav plantings! And Janet, those high heeled sneakers are just the cutest! What imagination!

I'm just thinking...In my previous house that I'm still trying to sell, there's a bidet! hmmmmmm? A few years ago when I built it...bidets were all the rage. It sat next to the toilet and I could just never figure out why they put the controls in such a weird spot where you would have to reach back and turn the water on etc.. When I voiced my opinion to the plumber, he looked at me really strange and decided to give me a demo. Picture this little 65 year old Italian man stradling the bidet and saying in broken english...Lady you donta sitta dat way...you have to turna yourself around and face-a the wall! Hahahaha! Of course after the novelty wore off over the bidet...it became a really lovely silk plant holder!

Seriously though, I'm looking to plant some huge containers out in front of my house. If I use toilets, baths or sinks, I'm sure it will take less than 5 minutes to receive a letter from my POA. Anybody have any ideas for unique, big, tall, round or square containers?

WHat's a POA ~ pi@#ed off association ~ llol

Loved the visual image of the bidet demo ~ in Italian of course!

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

KatG, are there any livestock operations in your end of the world? Not something I associate with FL, so used (you know, the ones that spring leaks) stock water tanks are probably not available. My DH got me a bunch of used brake drums from school buses (they replace them often); painted up they make nice, indestructible planters. You could stack them one down and one up for height. If you look at the picture I posted near the beginning of this thread, you can see three of them grouped on the left to give you some idea of the size. The school here just gives them away. Only drawback is that they are HEAVY! Wouldn't have to worry about anyone walking off with your planters, tho.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Actually FL ranks 12th in US cattle production.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I stand corrected! But then I don't know nuffin' about cows; we raise goats. Baaaaaahhh!
Sure wish I still had the leaky old stock tank we left down in Oregon.

Charleston, SC

I bought a kitchen sink with facuet at a garage sale. I then planted begonais. It sure looks pretty under my live oaks.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Woofie, I have a small? (4ft long) stock tank waiting on me in the back yard. It has a small "tear" in the bottom... a friend brought it to me to make a water garden in. I want to set it up next spring, but he's pretty excited about getting it done before winter....... I'm lining the bottom with some old carpet and then some left over liner, I hope to put a dwarf lotus in it next spring. It is going to be challenging to blend it in to my tropical/flowery environment. But I think I can just set containers of flowers around it to conceal most of the livestock look of it. Not that there's anything wrong with the livestock look, I just want something a little less "rustic". Maybe you could go back and get yours? Drifting, your sink sounds lovely! any pics? (We LOVE pics)There is a lady who lives out in the country here, (she raises game pheasants) and she has water coming from a bathroom sink faucet, somehow draining to the bath tub to come out it's faucet too. It's right out front as you drive in and with her surrounding plantings, it really looks good.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one with the porcelain fetish!

Yes, I agree with AuntB ~ any photos are fun and expand upon our own ideas. The pheasant lady with the water feature ~ that would be a cool photo too. Any chance?

DriftingDude ~ I would love to see your display. It sounds lovely.

When I had the blue bidet in front of the 2nd hand store, I would change flowers like you would a window box. One that got alot of comments was RED geraniums and I had always hoped to have it decorated for the 4th with red geraniums, white petunias and the blue bidet. Of course with small flags sticking out of it. Unfortunately, the geraniums played out with the heat .

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I would love to design a front flower garden for my friend who's husband is a plumber! I've always thought some "bathroom porcelain would be great at their house. But with their busy schedule it probably is unrealistic to think they have time to implement my design... oh well... and I live 300 miles away so me doing it this time is unrealistic...

Add that to the someday list ~ lol. I will be you have some great ideas in the think "tank"... : )

My think tank says we need a thread on our funniest pets ?

Thumbnail by ginger749

Ginger ~ there are the most amazing animals down under... LOL

You start the thread , I'll add some Ozzie Pics .

My thread starter is in the shop ~ lol
U lead and I will follow ~

Charleston, SC

Ty podster........I bought the sink at a garage sale for hardly nothing. Your red white blue theme sounds so pretty.

Bought it? I am impressed ~ for a planter? Wow! What color is the sink? Is it old time or newer?

The restaurant in town has two (look pretty new) commodes sitting out in back. I was tempted to sneak back there and "plant" them. LOL

Charleston, SC

LOL podster...go for it! It is a newer sink.

You know these days, you can't give an older commode away. No doubt we will see more planters adorning the yards and alleys... lol

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Something about water conservation or something... old throne vs. new throne... I mean planter. Newer ones use less water.

I saw an ORANGE sink one listed as free on a local free advertising site...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Really, orange?? had to be more of a peach.... I don't think I've EVER heard of an orange commode... Lot's of other orange stuff, but not a bidet! My son's fav color is orange so I painted a wall in his room Halloween orange and the other 3 are midnight blue! Turned out better than I thought it would.. But an orange potty??? Wait till I tell him!

Sorry if I mislead you... ORANGE sink... not commode, but still... I might be tempted if it wasn't a 30 minute drive and no guarantee that it is still there. It was one of those ads that said "it's on the drive way, at --------, come and get it!"

On the bowling ball art thread there was an adorable "pumpkin" made out of a bowling ball painted orange and black, it was AWESOME!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, well maybe I assumed it was a commode, but still orange porcelin??? psychw2, there is a bowling ball art thread somewhere on DG???? I did a mosaic one a few years ago and a glass shell one, but I've kinda been getting an urge plan one to do this winter when the cabin fever gets high. Pumpkin one sounds cool!

its on the trash to treasure forum. The "pumpkin" was a link to an outside site I think. Do you have any pictures of your bowling ball treasures? I'd love to see them!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.