Recommendations please

Cordele, GA

My double orange daylilies are reblooming and have been since August. I have a perfect color echo in a crocosmia that blooms at the same time. I am looking for purple or deep blue for a complement. I have a ruellia that is the perfect color, however I keep trying NOT to have that particular ruellia. No matter how much I dig and pull it remains entrenched. there is a kind of guerilla gardening going on in this bed.

Does anyone have any good blues to recommend? The salvias that I have tried have been too tall. I have not had good luck with asters, I think that the site is too dry and hot.

Beth

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Mealy Cup Sage 'Victoria Blue' should be short enough for you,Beth. Come get some.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2871/

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

That is the perfect size, I need cuttings too :) Do you have extra?

Beth, do you know if all ruellia is hard to get rid of like yours? I planted 3 ragin cajun and I am hoping they make it through the winter, but I dont want it to get out of hand.

chris

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

All you want, Chris. Are you going to the round-up?
I planted some ragin cajun but I think it may have died. Haven't seen it lately. LOL

I am hoping to be there. It has to get a little closer first for me to know for sure.
Hey, do you have any golden pineapple sage? I bought one the beginning of the season and it has gotten very big but no blooms at all. It is probably 2'x2'. I took cuttings 2 months ago because the color is great. I have planted the cuttings now and even they are getting bushy already. I was going to do more cuttings for the roundup but I havent seen it bloom yet.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Never heard of it Chris. I'm guessing it blooms yellow? Sounds yummy.
I have a real live Coral Bells to give you this time to make up for the crazy begonia wantabe coral bell that I gave you at the last ru. LOL

LOL, I also have a bunch of coral bells now, bought a few, traded for a few. What kind do you have?

It is supposed to bloom red. Smells yummy, like pineapple. Go figure. LOL
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/130486/

Actually now that I read the info in my own link, it says it blooms in mid spring. I might have planted it after that, maybe blooming time was over.
Well, now I have to wait until next year. :(
They were so easy to propogate that I wanted to see the bloom before I made more.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2007 10:13 PM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Chris, I bought some healthy plugs of Heuchera Chocolate Ruffles, H. Mint Frost, H. Peppermint Spice and I traded for some unnamed ones that are bigger and just as pretty to me. Which ones do you want me to save for you? I also have Heucherella Sunspot. It's not a coral bell though is it?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I love the color of the leaves on your pineapple sage! Goregous yellow color and red blooms is wonderful!

Hey, Beth, where are you on Saturday night night? Don't tell me you have a life other than Daves! LOL

Really? There is life other than Daves??

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I Only took time off to see Ga loose to S.C. :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.