Discovery HD Theatre

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Watched a fascinating show last night.

Predators of the Great Barrier Reef

Researchers trying to understand why the Crown of Thorns is multiplying so rapidly and destroying the coral. Shari, has talked about them before. Present concensus is too much nitrogen leeching from the sugar fields into the rivers and then to the ocean.

It will be shown again Sept. 8,07....8:00 AM according to the guide for our cable.

Highly recommend it. The pictures that John and Shari have posted came to life.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi - wish we could get it out here. We may eventually, but not on the same time table that you do. Hope while watching it you didn't find yourself saying, boy that Shari sure screwed that up! We only do what we can, with the limited knowledge that observation and concern provide us. We don't have massive sugar fields here, so I wonder what is putting the Nitrogen into our waters....tis a puzzlement.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Are you kidding? Was so impressed with all the information you have already provided.
I felt that I already understood the program better because of what you had shown us.
You are the best.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Big smile and lots of hugs! Go to the t-shirt thread....

Hayward, CA

The best show EVER on dry or xeric or arid areas? 'The Desert Speaks' on PBS and its in HD also. By far the best if you want to see all your favorite succulents in habitat. Some not even tropical. I know this forum here is mostly wet tropics-but alot of the world around the equator is dry!..Its a great show.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I will look this up and Tivo to be sure I don't miss it. Maybe if you start a new thread so people won't pass this one up thinking they already know what it says. Best I can tell......most of the titles for forums are just a beginning.....more OT than on.....usually where the best information is passed on.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Good point BAT - and good info to pass along. Christi's right you should post in a new thread. And for those of us who don't have the opportunity to see it, maybe you could post anything that really strikes you as useful to the arid parts of our world. I know Jenny - BraveheartsMom gets very little rainfall, along with others here. Thanks!!

Hayward, CA

Ok..i loves that show.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just looked on the Att_Uverse Guide which is our cable provider. The Desert Speaks is a regular series on DHDTV. As I said before this has to be one of the best information channels on the block. Makes it even interesting enough for an 8 year old......the photography is grand.....something on the line of Carriblue and JB. Those two just haven't been found yet.

Discovery HD Theatre.....call letters DHDTV

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I lived in the desert for twenty odd years - never want to see another cactus or palo verde.... I think I have seen that show, however (is it a repeat?) and it's very good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.