Here she is, the rarely seen: Nightfire

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

closing 5th dimension

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow Cat, Nightfire is gorgeous!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tangerine Dream.
She just doesn't like the sun. Won't open more than this

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you on the Nightfire. I love her :)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

5th Dimension open. Her colors are on the dull side today

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

El Cap peach

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hurricane Lily

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Pink Lady

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

baby Pink Lady bud opening

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

And, to end my pics for today...as I turned around, I saw this beautiful butterfly on one of my pentas. What a beautiful way to start my day.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Aaaaaaaah, but TD is gorgeous!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

And wow on the butterfly pic! BTW, did you know we are switching yards? Just informing you. Have your bags packed tomorrow morning. ;)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

roflol! You think so? Want to take care of 72 hibs?

Considering how many I have, not much is opened :(

But,
NIghtrunner, Keylime, Orville Davis, Belle du Jour, Stormy Days and Magnifique all have buds that are ready to open, providing the heat doesn't get to them first!

This message was edited Sep 4, 2007 1:44 PM

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

HECK YEAH!! I WANT 72 hibs!!!!

So look, there's no more discussing it. I'm sending a cab for you first thing tomorrow morning!! I wanna be there when they open up and post them as my pics!!! Ha ha ha! ;) Congrats, they are STUNNING!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Beautiful, beautiful. I love Night Fire and your Monarch picture. Really nice. Today I only have one new hibiscus. This is Lady Bug.

Thumbnail by Brugie
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Just ONE? It is pretty, Brugie. Kind of reminds me of Sun Showers.. (course you have all those brug blooms to keep you occupied, too!) lol I just L-O-V-E that rarely seen Night Fire, Cat! You sure you didn't photoshop it or something! LOL Those colors together! It is awesome! Rare for you? Or rare to find plant?... We ALL want one, now! Gorgeous!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, Nightfire is really something special.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Cat,

Very Beautiful Nightfire!!! I really do not think that mine will ever bloom!!! So at least I get to see yours in action!!! Had several today but too busy to take PICS and post.

Brugie I love the little Ladybug. I have only seen 1 bloom from mine but it did not have the color contrast that yours have.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2007 7:20 PM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I have 3 today--all ones that have bloomed before, but still pretty!

Here's Fragile Moment:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And Ring of Fire:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And Evangeline--not quite as nice a flower as the other days it's bloomed, but any bloom is a good bloom!

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Liz, Fragile Moment looks like a watercolor painting.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Ecrane,
Aredsia is right about Fragile moment. Very soft colors. Beautiful!!! and you are right basically any bloom is better than no bloom right now. I am really tired of bud drop but cooler weather is on the way. Supposed to be in the LOW 90's LOL. Hey, you never know 10 degrees cooler may make a difference. At least I'll keep telling myself that. I have a 1 that is over 5' tall and 3' in diameter. "Vermillion Queen" Absolutely huge bush and beautiful green foliage but the buds just hit the ground, and several others that are beautifully huge and green. I know in about 4 to 5 weeks they will be loaded with blooms. At least I hope they are before I take cuttings.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2007 8:23 PM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Fragile Moment is quickly becoming one of my favorites, I just love the color. This is the 2nd or 3rd time it's bloomed for me, and it's only a tiny little thing in a 4" pot, can't wait to see what it does when it gets bigger!

Our weather finally cooled down today after almost a week of being around 100. The only hibbie that is dropping buds though is Chads, it's lost all of its 3 buds this week, but none of my others have dropped any. I'm really disappointed about Chads, it hasn't bloomed yet and I was looking forward to seeing what it looked like, but it's a very small plant and has lost all of its buds so I'm not holding my breath for any more.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Nightfire, Fragil Moment, Evangeline...so wonderful. If I end up like Shirley with 30 some Hibiscus...or worse yet, Cat, with 72, I'll have to turn a bedroom into another solarium! Doesn't look good for me.

Tussee

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Cat, your pictures take the cake today! I love that Night Fire picture, I'm so glad I just bought one - woohoo!! I really like the subtle colors of 5th Dimension today too. Also, lovely butterfly shot :-)

Brugie, I've got to get that Lady Bug, great name for that pretty flower. And Ecrane I'm in love with that soft Fragile Moment bloom. I hope I get another bloom on this one soon...

Well, I had to take my pics after work today since I finally returned after being off for almost a year of being mostly housebound! Talk about weird, I felt like Karen Van Winkle ;-) Funny though, at 10:00 this morning, I was thinking (sadly) that I should be in the yard taking pictures instead of sitting at a desk..I think I'm going to miss being at home all the time...

Not a whole lot here with the still-nasty heat. It's supposed to only be in the high 90's tomorrow, but that's certainly better than 105+ every day. First is Creole Darlin, who's colors at day's end aren't nearly as bright.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Here's three Erin Rachael blooms on a plant that needs to get debugged quickly.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Lady in Waiting waited for me to get home tonight ;-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Karen, congrats (I guess!) on going back to work! (I'm really glad you're healthy enough to go back, but it's sort of a mixed blessing--the garden is so much more fun than a desk!)

I love that Lady in Waiting--I just got one of those and I'm hoping it blooms for me soon!

Last pic for me today is a close up of the lovely Voodoo Magic.

Come on Tussee, who wouldn't want a bedroom as a solarium?

Cat, I read that 72 hibiscus' thinking, wow she has WAY more than me!! I'm not such a bad girl after all. But then, I went to my database and now I know why I have no money...I currently have 71, but have a Martindale order (finally) placed this week for another 6. And I don't even want to discuss my Lily Auction purchases over the past couple weeks. Maybe you all should hop on the "hibiscus bus" on do an intervention in Southern California, lol!

I am a bad, bad girl (humming the "cops" theme song...) lol ;-) Thank goodness I'm going to get paychecks again, I need them in order to fund my plant addictions!! Again, I say "groceries, who needs 'em?"

karen, finally out of the bubble

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Thanks Liz, it's nice to get out of the bubble, although after a year, I've got to say that if I won the lotto it wouldn't take me 3 seconds before I was back home full time again ;-) Supposedly, with my weekly infusions of antibodies, I'll be able to fight it off if someone comes near me with a cold. It's kind of scary to be around people again though, and am hoping that what the immunologist says is true! I guess only time will tell, and although everyone at work was nice and said they're glad to have me back, I hate being treated "differently", ya know? Hopefully the treating me with kid-gloves won't last too long, I'm just not real into the "she's disabled" thing...

I think my flowers, and I know my dog, missed me today ;-( and I know that I most certainly missed them!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Cat, that Nightfire i sure something else.......gosh, what pretty hibiscuses you have.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I still have 3 more one the way from David, I hope. It's nice when you live in Ca, Fl or Tx because we really don't have to worry about over wintering our babies. Lots of blankets and setting Christmas lights around the hibs do the trick on the cold nights, not to mention mucho mulch.
So, my problem is this; I have 2/3 of an entire left sided yard that is pretty empty. I think I am going to continue being broke for quite awhile to come!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

PS...the next 2 came from Amanda's new garden, formerly known as Cat's garden :>)

Nightfire at 2pm this afternoon

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

and, yet another butterfly pic.

PS.....Liz,
Fragile Moments is breathtaking. Why don't I have one?

Karen,
Still waiting for my Lady in Waiting, but looking at yours makes me smile that knowing when she is old enough, she will bloom. So glad you are out of the bubble, whether for work or not, glad you are back in the real world :):):):)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Tussee, I'm in so much trouble because of all of these beautiful flowers. My list keeps getting longer all the time. I have to learn how to take cuttings and make them grow. If not, I'm going to have to move to make room for all of them over the winter. Gorgeous blooms from everyone.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Cat, I don't know why you don't have Fragile Moment--you must fix the situation and buy one immediately! LOL I got mine from Hidden Valley--not sure if they still have them in stock or not.

Yep Cat, got mine from Hidden Valley as well. Thanks for the nice words :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.