Looky looky, do you see what I see?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes! A bud on my Ra Ji Nee!!!!

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

And the wait begins.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Gosh, you are right and didn't you just get that, Rylaff? Way to go!

8>)
Larry

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yep. I expected it to go through a wilt, lose leaves, etc. But it didnt. Has been growing like crazy with really lovely variegation. And to already have a bloom. What a treat.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congratulations on the flowers but those leaves are so gorgeous I would love the plant even if it never bloomed. That is the prettiest adenium I have ever seen.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have to agree with you. When I saw it on Snowbelt website, I had to have it. And it certainly has not dissapointed me.

Yardley, PA

After seeing yours, I just received mine! It is a beauty. How long have you had yours?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got mine the first of July.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Awesome blooms!
Ive had a variegated for 3 yrs with no blooms
Im happy for the great leaves.
Nice lil surprise. ;)

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

What wonderful variegation. You almost don't need a bloom, but that pink really sets it off. Lovely.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, that's a beautiful looking adenium! Congrats on the buds. Will you post pics when they opened up, please?

I contacted Phil at Cornell and he is out of them. :(
None due until next spring.
Im bummed...
I inquired as to the availability of 'specimen sized' Adeniums.
I made myself feel better with a beverage and a purchase at Buried-treasure.net http://buried-treasure.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=47&osCsid=d7666d71808bcbc9aff3245a080b15a7
I purchased an extra large Miss Japan.
Awesome sized beautiful adenium and great price too.
The shipping was very reasonable too.
Ive made several plant sales on e-bay and 'reinvested' some back into my hobby. ;)

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Glad you 'feel' better, Michael. LOL

8)
Larry

It isnt here yet......... ^^

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got two large Miss Japan's from Buried Treasure. Love em. And a very nice size they were. When I got mine, a lot of leaves did not have much variegation on them. But the leaves that have come out since do have some good variegation, so dont panic when you get yours.
Did you look on Phil's website at Princess Beauty. I also got that one and it has some very nice variegation to it also. Also got Kao Sala Phat Nung from him. The variegation on that one is so heavy, it is almost white.

Yes I scour Phils site regularly.
I am wanting largerplants at this point in my collecting.
Ill have hundreds of seedlings soon and want some graft stock developing.
I inquired as to plant sizes including specimen and am waiting to hear from him.
I am enamored with Kao Sala Phat Nung, Varegate Superba #1, Golden Dragon, Princess Beauty and Super Mod for its dwarf habit.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I also got the Superba and it is just starting to leaf out. Got the reverse variegation going on. Also got the spuer mod and it arrived in bloom.
The Miss Japans from Buried -Treasure are huge!!! Wait until you see them!!!

I Cant wait.. ^^

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I just got Kao Sala. It is so variegated, it is almost white. Having acquired it less then a month ago, it already has buds . It hasnt even leafed out much yet.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got Superba at the same time. It is getting its first leaves. As you can see, the variegation is reversed.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Both are beautiful.

Awesome Rylaff!
Where did you get them please?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Phil.

Yardley, PA

Well, so much for the theory that the varigated grow more slowly. I just love the varigated.

One of my variegates did no growing for almost 3 years!
It grew 5 inches this year :D
It also flowered for the first time.
I have Star of Daybreak and it has grown about 1/2 cm in 3 years.
I love the leaves so I love it as a novelty item.
A fast growing variegated would be most welcome.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Is anyone growing adenium 'Milky Way"? If so, what has been your experience with it?

Photo from buried-treasure ....

Thumbnail by Snowrose
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I just recently got Milky Way. I had to move it out of full sun. The leaves were getting a little burned.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

rylaff...is it as pretty as the picture?

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Lisa, Your Milky Way are getting burned?

I know variegated forms are more prone to this, but perhaps due to the watering schedule, I'm not experiencing it. Mine are in full sun. It hits them from about 10 a.m until sundown. The watering schedule may have an affect, but I'm not sure. This time of year, they're getting watered 4x per day for about 15 minutes each time. I'm experiencing no leaf burn at all.

Any other conditions that could possibly contribute to it?

Chris

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes, it is that pretty. Well, let me explain a little further. The only leaves that have actually burned are the ones that are pure yellow. It is possible that the leaves may have gotten wet and then the full sun hit them. They were in full sun all day long. I did move that one back some to see if it made any difference. The leaves that are two toned are fine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.