Will my new copper clad Revereware melt all over my stove?

Indianola, IA

Have I made a big mistake? I bought a smooth top Whirlpool stove earlier this year. Yesterday I found a set of copper clad Revereware for a great price. Now I see comments on the internet that the copper clad bottom will melt off and fuse to my glass cooktop. I also hear that they will warp and rock while cooking. I don't so much care about the rocking issue, because I'm not a big cook. I just don't want to destroy a new stove. Does anybody have any experience with these? Should I cut my losses and give away the new set, so I don't ruin the stove? The Whirlpool owner's manual info is very vague on the subject of cookware. It never occurred to me that you couldn't use any cookware on just any type stove. (Stupid, I know, but like I said, I'm not a cook, really!) Any experience or comments would be appreciated!
Kim

This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!