Driving to the city

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

An older gentleman decided to hop in his reliable old pickup and drive to visit his daughter in the big city. He hadn't been to the city for a number of years but figured it was time to take the trip.

The trip went pretty smooth until he got near the city. At one point he got a little confused and ended up in the wrong lane going the wrong direction on a four lane interstate highway. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. Eventually he got off that highway and somehow found his way to his daughter's house.

When he arrived his daughter hugged him and asked him how the trip went. "Terrific," he said, adding "You know how they always say city folks are mean and nasty? Not true. Talk about a nice welcome. Why, at one point during my drive everybody I met was honking their horns and waving at me."

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!