Nice gingers at Atlantic Ave. Nursery, Raleigh

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey gardeners!! I just got back from Atlantic Ave. Nursery. They have several varieties of gingers for $8.99. In stock were salmon colored Hedychium coccineum 'Aurantiacum', Hedychium gardneranum (yellow and fragrant) and a white butterfly ginger. These are taller than I am, and the pots were full to the point of popping apart! Pat was interested in getting rid of these and may cut you a deal for multiple purchases. Worth stopping by if you're looking for these!
Bev

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Bev: Makes a person consider a drive up to NC. :)
Deb

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

where is this place located? plmk thxs

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

It is in Raleigh on Atlantic Ave., above the beltline (440)

Bev-did they have any coldhardy palms or other tropicals?

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

tigerlily,
I didn't notice any palms, but then again, I wasn't looking for that. They did have canna and maybe a banana or two. I did see that they had some great pomegranates at a pretty decent price. Beautiful orange blossoms and some had fruit already.
Are you joining us at Plant Delights on Sat? You know Tony has palms, gingers, bananas, and other tropicals...Pricey, but always worth a look.
You know, Deb...that goes for you, too:-))
Bev

Lowes in Erwin, NC on 421 south has a 1 or 2 nice discount rack of plants. I picked up some Veronica Speedwell- 'Goodness Grows' reduced to $2/each. I just love a deal.

rebecca30

This message was edited Sep 5, 2007 9:15 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.