Would like to trade lovely rich gold velvet cording

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

i have gorgeous vintage gold cording in 12 yard bolts to trade for
stuff for my yard; i was going to use this cording for holiday gifts etc...
then i decided i NEEDED more plants
i am looking for the following:

lilies
persian shield
dragon wing begonia
root beer plant
castor bean seeds
paperwhite narcissus for forcing
amaryliss

and/or tempt me

i want to trade in 12 yd bolt increments...i have 5 or 6 bolts; it is not smoky or bad smelling
has been stored in plastic for years....it is hard to get this real velvet in this day and age
i also have royal blue bolts in another listing

Thumbnail by sticks_n_stones
Mesilla Park, NM

I'll bet you could braid three of them together, put beads at the ends and use as belts, even as hat bands. It looks really nice (both colors).

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

i could forsee wreath making ideas for these also...

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

Is it sew on cording with the edge to sew it on?

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

no this is decorative cording.....to embellish thins with....about a 1/2 wide; i was going to use for package wrapping

Mesilla Park, NM

Also, what about for making curtain ties by braiding several double strands together...okay, I'll stop now..lol.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

gourd

i think u neeeeeeddddthem; just send some lileys and we will be ever so happy (grin)

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Sticks,
I wish I could use them, my sewing room is FULL to the hilt. I just started with lillies a couple of months ago. I was trying to get ideas for you. You could cut them up in sections and use them to tie the Christmas ornaments on the Christmas tree. Or as ties for the presents (any occasion).

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

you must be just as drawn to these as i am...i need them not...but they are so flipping gorgeous....elegant presents....lovley ties on ornaments or wreaths...or cover the tree with them...as garland or bows....wouldnt the
blue be fabulous on silver wrapped packages?

Mesilla Park, NM

Yes, these sure would. There is always a use for things.. I save EVERYTHING. Just about. Maybe you could crochet some fancy placemats with them for the holidays. That's an idea. Once I used this thick rope to make a rug with a crochet needle the size of Texas..lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.