Sand Play

Troutdale, OR

I made the mistake of not stirring the soap long enough so the majority of the sand I added ended up drifting to the bottom of the mold and being left in the bottom of the container I melted the soap in. I took what was at the bottom of the container and was able to make a ball of soap out of it. I found this is great for washing my hands in the kitchen. I added jasmine essential oil and it smells so good.

Not being one to waste I used left over soap pieces and got an ugly green so I added red to it. Feeling creative I decoupaged a graphic of sand castles from a photo I had taken and added a short poem I had written. The bar of soap still looked like it needed something so I came up with the idea of adding a couple of shells I had. I was disappointed that the pale blue paper I used for the poem was washed out looking against the brown. So before decoupaging I brushed water over the soap and the brown color of the soap tinted it.

Now when I have another free day to play I'll make sand candles.

Thumbnail by Myoriah
This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!