Organic Garden Talk 9/1 thru........

Kernville, CA

Today I hung the small melons on the trellis with mesh and wire. Mice eat the melon unless I trellis. I have some 'Mice Cubes' that i use to catch and release. I've caught 25 in the last month.
Yesterday a small plane crashed 1/4 mile east of my house. I was sitting at the kitchen table when I heard BOOM BOOM!! Looked out the window at a ball of flames with a huge black billow of smoke. Looked like a fatal crash.

East Barre, VT(Zone 4a)

Great idea! today I harvested lettuce, dill and coriander seeds from the greenhouse. I also took a first stab at white fly control, although it may be too late for the GH this year. I have brandywine tomatoes the size of a baby's head, and of course, they are ripening up all at once! Tonight I make both cucumber and zuccini pickles, and sit back and relax. I'm about to start to compile all of my quickly jotted summer observations about what worked and what didn't, as soon as I log off here. Happy long Labor Day weekend, everyone!

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 5:38 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oi vei. I'm so sorry to hear of the plane crash.

Kernville, CA

It feels a little bit like Fall, and what a relief from the scorching heat of Aug. & Sep. Being in the garden wasn't so painful this morning!

Liesur: Hi, Sounds like gardening is good in VT.

Wri: Hi, yeah the crash was traumatic. Yesterday I found out that two children (one 2 months old) the mother and father, and the sister and brother in law were killed. It looked like an instantaneous thing, at least. I'm very sad and upset.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.