SEPTEMBER THREAD 2007

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I have 2 birthday coming up today which is my brother and step-grandson 1 yrs old.

The weather is getting cooler in early morning aaahhhh! Got cold feet! lol... brr! So good to be get cooling this month...
(Hope so it will be good)

I going to get rental house on market... Too much work for that house is need roof (cost me $5k! yike!) so I just can't do that cost too much....So, I hope it will be sold... ( I just don't like that area which it very restricted and some of rednecks get bad).

I going to Springfield today for Camping World shopping (get something for my pop-up trailer need)...

Happy Labor's Day! Be Safe on Road and enjoy...
Anna

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, have had a great weekend so far. Last night we went to the races in Warrensburg and got hit by mud chunks regularly. lol. Plus we ate alot of dust. But it was worth it to see all the wrecks with no one getting hurt. A neighbor of mine was down there racing too. Did really good in the first race then was in the middle of the pack the second time but got hit so he had to move to the back. Finally moved to the middle and got hit again. He left the race after that. He wasn't happy.

Sedalia, MO

I posted on the wrong thread, Eva are you crocus blooming Yet? Here are mine.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2007 3:09 PM

Thumbnail by allysgram

lol. It fits in on the other thread too. Your crocus looks great!!

Sedalia, MO

Pepper you noticed I goofed huh.LOL

Oh yeah!! LOL.

New thread about the Fall RU.

www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/767180/

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I notice and what kind of this plant so white flowers blooms...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

I don't know what it is but it sure is pretty.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

It is Sweet Autumn Clematis, Anna. It has a sweet smell too!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

This one in the pic has been there for 2 years, pic taken earlier this summer.... Now, it is covered with blooms on the east side where it gets most sun... it is a very prolific grower and bloomer if it gets enough sun. I will post a pic of the blooms later, if I can find my camera cord...... it looks like a big white-topped mushroom right now, not as many blooms toward the bottom.. I think you can let it ramble along or provide a STRONG support because they vines are massive!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, forgot the pic. duh!

Thumbnail by AuntB

I had that til the grey blister bugs killed it. Am gonna put Sylvia Denny there this year. If I get another I will put it where I orginally tried to put Sylvia.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

AuntB what a nice looking flower bed you have there. Is that some baby castor bean plants in it?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

That's what I do, if something doesn't like it where I put it, I move it and try something else.. Thanks Linda, the castor beans growth was retarded because of poor sunlight.... I guess, I planted them late... It seems like all the sudden that area doesn't get the direct sun it used to. (It used to be the pool area). I have lived here over 15 years, the whole deck/pool area used to be direct hot sun all day! Now, I'm having to hunt for direct sun back there.... I also planted some bush moonflower and hardy poinsetta.... no moonflower bushes, but I did get 3 or 4 poinsetta's. Here's a pic of the "flip"side of the vine..., what else was I to do with an 18ft area with no weeds/grass growing??? It's always "under construction"... keeps me out of trouble...;)

Thumbnail by AuntB

I like that one too. Your brug in the back looks so healthy. You have more green then just your thumbs.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

That brug is taller than the clematis, now. I wish I would have planted it further from the clematis, now. It has "y"'d on one branch, I hope to see a few blooms on it before frost, it's in the ground and I'm going to try to mulch it really good and see if it will come back from the roots next spring. It was in a pot last year and covered with blooms before I brought it in. Started from seed a few years ago, it has monster potential!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I final look at Sedem growing and buds so it just little bit bloom and it very nice color on flowers!

I has raining past few days ago and sure it final soak in ground and good to smell the raining and cooler as today get sprinkle raining in morning hour! Oh so good to feel the cool wind coming into my kitchen and Rusty lying down and looking outside!

Past few days, I was terrible sick and it happen I was at other house and try to cover the old kitchen door with glass broken so I put plastic trash bags and staples it then somehow I took my glasses off and put my pocket and get the 3 fleas bombs to each rooms then my glasses fell out of my pocket and left house then I start to looking for my glasses that I left inside which it got me bad from that flea bombs! Sheesh! So, I got it and sure it time to get rid of that stuff on me eeewww! So, I just went home and took bath to get rid that stuff! I cant stand it that smelly stuff! Got me cough alot for day! As today, I get better... Never leave anything behind that goes! lol...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Nice sedum. Mine looked horrible this year and I ended up ripping out some that were in a bed I plan to redo next year.

Glad you are getting better. We have something going around at work and a few people have gotten sick. I haven't gotten sick since I started there. Fresh air does wonders!! lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I heard around here at school got bad virus today and at hospital too! Wow! I better stay away from the peoples who has virus pass along...

Take care!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Raining and flooding is not over yet! And I took this pic of full raining water fill up to 18 1/2 inches in garden cart!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

WOW Rusty56 wish we were getting some of that here. Don't want the flooding but sure like the rain. We had a few showers just enough to make it humid out now.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Rusty, please send some of that rain to central MO. We so desperately need rain in this area. We got about 3/4" - 1" this past week, but we need nearly a week of steady slow soaking rain to close the cracks in the ground.

Ally, I haven't seen any sign of the crocus for ages. I think the heat got to them. I know right where they are, but no growth that I can see.

AuntyB, that is a lovely patio. I wish mine looked that good. I don't have a real patio, but there is an area where the grill sits that gets really cluttered most of the time. Periodically I work on clearing it some only to clutter it again. I need to get it cleared again for the roundup 10 - 13.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

More raining on Monday for sure! lol...

Okay, Leaflady, I try my best for to send some good rain in your area....

It will be raining in K.C., KS tomorrow....

This message was edited Sep 9, 2007 5:27 PM

I just heard on the news that they think they found the Porter kids. If it is them, they are buried in a grave in Sugar Creek, KS.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Pepper, who are the Porter kids? I know I don't watch the news as I probably should but I think I'll turn on the TV now and see if I can find out what you are talking about. Well, no news on at this time.

Rusty, I saw on antoher thread about you getting parts(?)for your pop up trailer. If you want to, you can bring it up here for the RU and set up in my yarden for a night before or after or both. I think it would be nice to spend time with you. However I must warn you that I will be pretty tired when I get home from work Friday night.

I used the Fire Dragon for a bit this evening. I toasted some Jimson Weed seed pods that are ripe and ready to drop. Tomorrow I hope to cut the plants off at ground level. There are about 15 or more large plants in the yarden.

GOD bless and keep each of you. I think I need to go to bed early tonight. It has been a long tiring week and next week promises to be just as busy.

Sedalia, MO

Well Leaf maybe next year, they will bloom for you, maybe transplanting slowed them down.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Leaflady,

I'm not bring my pop-up trailer that it need some spare tire and repair. I have go work after RU

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Rusty, it will be a long drive home for you and then have to go to work! WOW. Your energy tops mine.

pepper what about the Porter Kids?

www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/14077808/detail.html

The link above provides the story but they are 99% sure that they have found their remains in Sugar Creek. The graves are actually not too far from where they have looked before and they think floodwaters have made it visable now.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I finally saw something about the Porter children. That is such a tragic thing to have happen. That mother has been thru so much. My heart aches for her. And those poor children. What they must have suffered at the hands of whoever took them.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It driving 3 hours each way....

Here's what I found this pic when I was in Peoria, IL for family reunion!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Thanks pepper

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I heard about Porter kids while I was living in Southern California in 2004. It's so terrible to see that!

Take care...

It is terrible but I am sure everyone suspected they were dead. Now the family can have closure.

My heart and my prayers do go out to the family.

I think I said Sugar Creek, KS above but it should be MO. Sugar Creek is outside of Independence. A coworker only lives a few miles from there.

There will be an update on the search tomorrow at 11am. If you can catch it I reccomend that you do.

I may not get the update here in my area. But I will turn on the TV to check.

Oh yea, when I got up this morning the temperature was 57* now that is cool. I think Sunday I better start preparing the GH for it's residents to return.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sheesh! It now 54*. It time to get fall clean up in my garage to get all my plants in next month!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.