Today's pretty's

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Here's what I had blooming today,quite the variety.

Kyle :-)

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

more..

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

closer look

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

What a wonderful bouquet of your day's bloom. Hibiscus plants are so special as many of them will bloom year around inside the home. They lift my spirits when it's cold and gray outside. Truly nice to see so many varieties together...thanks!

Tussee

(Zone 11)

Kyle, I really like your multiple bloom pictures!
Btw, whats the name of the big one in the middle?

Dave

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Kyle,
Can you ship me all your blooms, so I can use them in a water bowl tomorrow? I'm having a barbeque and it would make a lovely centerpiece :)

What? they won't make it to Florida ontime?
Boohoo!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pictures. That's a lot of blooms for one day.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Outstanding!!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

GREAT PICS, KYLE!! Well, when you're finished clipping off the blooms for cat, plesae send me the plants!! I'll start aroof garden if I have to!! Ha ha! Jk.

Here's a simple one but neat because it's so short ... One of the Breeze cultivars

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Anyone know what is up with my Rum Runner today? This was JUST taken about 5 seconds ago ... should be stretched out and have the yellow curly pollen stuff more outstretched, as well. ?

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Very Nice Amanda I am on my way out to the greenhouse but wanted to post first. Just all Mixed up!!!

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok Robert - although those are all stunning - you know which one is my favorite right? But of course, that's why you put it in the center!! :)

Here's another closeup of my RR - is this ok for it to act like this or are these signs of something affecting the plant?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I want all of Roberts Plants! Oh, that's right, I have 13 of his. But I don't have Creole Bell :(

Anyway, here are mine for today...nothing really exciting:

Hawaiin Salmon

Thumbnail by cat4gp
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Kyle and Robert - WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Totally gorgeous mix of flowers, I'm so jealous!!

Amanda, I have that happen to my blooms sometimes too - I think it's the heat :-(

Cat, your Hawaiian Salmon looks pretty exciting to me - lovely bloom :-)

I've got a few today. When will this grotesque heat ever stop????? I am SO ready for cooler weather :-)

First up for me is Rum Runner hanging out in the shadow of Charles Grimaldi.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I don't think The Color Purple is going to open any more than this today...

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Belle de Jour.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Dave the middle flower is' Me Oh My Oh' from Dupont, I'm not totally impressed with it other than the purple base color.Is supposed to be spotted but , well there you have it!

Last one for me today is Voodoo Magic.

Have a beautiful weekend!

karen

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Oops, I forgot Erin Rachael...

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Well I think Kyle and Robert are mean; this is like waving ice cream in front of someone on a diet. LOL

I want tham all !!!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh Robert, you hit the jackpot today. That's a great picture. You and Kyle are very creative with your arrangements. Karen & Cat....more nice pictures. I don't have much blooming today. I've honestly been putting more time in on the brugs the last couple of days and I can easily say.....it isn't helping. LOL! Again....great pictures, everyone!!

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 2:37 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I found a deeper colored bloom on Purple Magic this afternoon.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh, how pretty. A good friend just gave me a baby Purple Magic. I hope it turns out like yours when it grows up.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

My internet went dead before I was able to post the rest of the pics, so hopefully, I can do that now.

Brugie, your color purple is beautiful.

Karen, Voodoo Magic wins hands down!

We had our first real thunderstorm, in over a month today. I was sitting 25' away from the side of the patio the storm was hitting, and I was getting wet! It was windy, and I watched lightning strike one of my trees and drop two huge branches. I, who normally love thunderstorms, screamed! Tuni, Samba, Puppicat and Peri slept right thru it!

OK, here is: High Voltage

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hurricane Lily

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

My blooming machine: Key Lime Pie

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Orange Double

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Red Double

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I also bought 4 "Snow Queen" and 3 "Fire and Ice" at Lowe's today, for $5 each. Once I put in a drainage system, they will take over the spots of all my poor dead garden varieties that flooded in July.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Evangeline bloomed for me again today...

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Awesome collage!!
Thanks! ;)

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Is the third picture a Purple Galaxy?

Brugie, that Purple Magic is really lovely. Cat, seeing your beautiful High Voltage picture makes me wonder why I don't have this one ;-) Key Lime Pie is great, I have a baby and I hope it blooms as pretty as this!

Ecrane, Evangaline is beautiful too!

karen

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, more beautiful pictures. Evangeline and High Voltage are something else.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat, love the key lime pie, Brugie I only wish my purple magic would look like that, Ecrane very nice evangeline which is 1 of my favs. Karen I'd have to go with Voodoo Magic today only because It is in my top 5 favorites!!!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I love Evangeline so far, it just arrived a couple days ago, and has bloomed every day so far and has a bunch more buds on it--definitely more prolific than any of my other hibbies except for good old reliable Celia which blooms almost every day.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

When I went to dupont a couple of weeks ago they had just cut all of theirs back so I had to settle for those, or none at all. They are healthy plants though and a fast growers. I love the foliage on the plant.

Riverview, FL

She's not as exotic as some species, but she fills my patio with color all the same.

It makes me smile how much c**p this poor hibiscus has been through, what with coming down with mealy bugs, moving, being in and out of doors so often trying to treat aphids, thrips AND spider mites, plus having her hib-mate (my fire and ice) croak on me...

She just takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

I love 'sturdy' plants. Tis why when I finally have a yard of my own, cannas and hibiscus will abound.

...and orchids :)

Thumbnail by darkempress2003

Lovely picture and bloom, darkempress :-)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Those are all wonderful......

I was wondering, do the giant dinnerplate hibiscus really get as big as the picture from dangitgirl's post? Post # 3918005

This message was edited Sep 5, 2007 12:16 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.