watering can recall

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Did everyone see this??
Duck watering can recalled by Jo-Ann fabric for excessive lead, so what else is new?????
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07290.html

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I think we need to have everything made in china recalled or at least labeled. Evidently there is lead in everything there. How much stuff is floating around that nobody knows about? What's a little lead, the big multi- nationals are making record profits!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Don't even get me started!!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm just laughing at myself for how I was reading this. Who is watering ducks now?.LOL

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah I thought they took care of that by themselves! Seriously, it is a major problem and no surprise to me. Had my older guy (eight) tested for lead - fine. Problem is China couldn't care less about the safety of anyone, the companies having the stuff made there just see the cheap labor and most of all, American consumers love the cheap products!! I think I am the ONLY person in the U.S. who has still never been in in a Walmart! Ever. Now to be honest, that's not the only reason, but it's at the top of the list. There is not one real close to me and I don't like shopping in stores. I'm a web consumer. Problem is - try finding a toy, especially plastic, that's not made in China. Or clothes made in the U.S. Good luck!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Is it a shame we have come to this

Allison

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's only because the CEO's of these companies are so greedy, there is no logical reason to make things overseas.

I think there's more to it than that but CEO's do make way too much - especially when the company is failing and the workers are being laid off.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I didn't know about the watering can recall. I don't have one, but my eldest might. I'll have to ask her.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Victor - never been in a Walmart? You haven't missed much. We try and avoid it unless HD doesn't have what we need, like garden staples. I'd say DH goes there about twice a year. Some seem much better than others! We both detest the one closest to us, 22 miles away.

Good old American paint caused many problems for children for many years. At least now they find the problems much sooner than in the past.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Now I feel really bad! I used to work at a Wal*Mart for a few years. I loved working there.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm so glad I qualified my statement by saying some are better than others!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some are definitely better than others, I go to one about 15 mins away instead of 2. Yes that's two!!! It's really scary! If you need to go to that one you try not to make eye contact with anyone.

Wow! Really that bad??

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes, that bad. They bus them in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.